News Disney Junior's Vampirina coming soon to Walt Disney World?

Gillyanne

That Vampirina show is bloody awful. The song alone is enough to make me find the remote ASAP!

Puppy Dog Pals is the shizzle. Surely The Mouse realizes this??? :)

It's still better than Fancy Nancy! I recall reading in the Disney Junior Dance Party thread that PDP isn't produced by Disney, but distributed by them, so it may all be in the licensing use etc as to why there's a lack of them in the park (this was speculative)

::Edit found it::

Yeah, it's definitely still distributed by WDTA, but they probably don't have rights for theme park. They just have merch and broadcast rights. Vampirina is a joint thing between Brown Bag Films (who did Doc McStuffins) and Disney Junior, so there appears to be some sort of different deal in place there.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Seriously. What does Disney have against their characters having necks?

Buzz, Woody, Mickey, Minnie, Joy, Ms. Incredible, Judy, Nick, Vanellope, heck.. Even the country bears have necks.

But when you get to these characters... Even Jessie. Neck disappears. It's so weird. Having their face just sit on their shoulders.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Seriously. What does Disney have against their characters having necks?

Buzz, Woody, Mickey, Minnie, Joy, Ms. Incredible, Judy, Nick, Vanellope, heck.. Even the country bears have necks.

But when you get to these characters... Even Jessie. Neck disappears. It's so weird. Having their face just sit on their shoulders.

I assume the heads are too heavy for the neck to support alone, which is why it sits on their shoulders.

Kman101

Not the demographic for Disney Junior but it's always nice to see something new/updated, even a meet and greet. She looks like a fun character, and of course a fitting time to introduce her.

phillip9698

Anyone else find it interesting that the most popular characters on Disney Jr. are the ones Disney didnt create. Puppy Dog Pals and PJ Mask are much better shows than Vampirina. Maybe Disney can get some Muppet Babies in there for meet and greets, anything to balance out Vampirina.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Anyone else find it interesting that the most popular characters on Disney Jr. are the ones Disney didnt create. Puppy Dog Pals and PJ Mask are much better shows than Vampirina. Maybe Disney can get some Muppet Babies in there for meet and greets, anything to balance out Vampirina.

Vampirina is very popular. Also, Disney does not produce this show or puppy dog pals. But they own distribution rights for both. And sell merchandise for both. They are both “Disney shows”

phillip9698

Vampirina is very popular. Also, Disney does not produce this show or puppy dog pals. But they own distribution rights for both. And sell merchandise for both. They are both “Disney shows”

Vampirina is nowhere near as big as PJ Mask.

Are you telling me there is nothing stopping Disney from a Puppy Dog Pals meet and greet?

phillip9698

Based on?

Not sure. I know they sell their merchandise in Disney stores. The same animation company who does puppy dog pals did miles from Tomorrowland.

Based on what I see having a child in daycare. If I was going to name any animated show that is most represented by clothing, backpacks, toys, costumes, etc.. it would be PJ Mask and Paw Patrol.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Based on what I see having a child in daycare. If I was going to name any animated show that is most represented by clothing, backpacks, toys, costumes, etc.. it would be PJ Mask and Paw Patrol.

That’s anecdotal evidence. Anyways, I don’t discount that PJ masks has been popular for a number of years. I am only making the point that the Disney labeled shows on tv do very well aslo. Like Vampirina, which is currently coming into its prime. A character like her will do well in a M&G.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom