News Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge (Project 89 - Development near Fort Wilderness)

Bocabear

Sorry to resurrect this thread. I was reading the latest RCID land use plan and it mentioned on page 2B-3 that Reflections would've had 974 rooms. I didn't see that number mentioned in this thread, so I thought I'd add it.

View attachment 770519
That is more than double the rooms at Disney's Polynesian Resort...50% More than the amount of rooms at the Contemporary... This is going to be a massive resort and a HUGE amount of people....

Disstevefan1

ReflectionsConstructionsUpdate.jpg

GimpYancIent

That is more than double the rooms at Disney's Polynesian Resort...50% More than the amount of rooms at the Contemporary... This is going to be a massive resort and a HUGE amount of people....
Massive resort + HUGE amount of space for a HUGE amount of people does not always = HUGE amount of people actually patronizing the place.

Bocabear

Massive resort + HUGE amount of space for a HUGE amount of people does not always = HUGE amount of people actually patronizing the place.
no...I guess not always...and sometimes Guardians Of The Galaxy can be a walk-on..., they are clearly planning for it...and if the rooms are going empty, Disney will fill them....and THAT = huge amounts of people... They would not be building a thousand room resort if they were not expecting to use it... That is more rooms than any of the other Magic Kingdom resorts.... Twice as many rooms as Wilderness Lodge...more than 3 times the amount of rooms at the Riviera....

Disone

I feel like we're combining reflections mixed use rooms to just the deluxe rooms at the contemporary or the Polynesian?

Like those properties , Reflections was going to be a mixed use of both DVC and Deluxe World rooms. So with that in mind At 974 rooms, is actually pretty standard and not actually significantly larger or smaller than the contemporary, the Polynesian, or the grand.

MR.Dis

I never understood the location of such a large resort. There is just not that good of transportation to any of the parks. Went to Hoop de doo Review a few years ago and had to wait over an hour to get a boat over to MK. The roads back there are not very good, so there would be constant waiting for buses to any of the other 3 parks. Has anyone ever stayed at AK, not unusual to wait over 20 minutes to get a bus to anywhere (My wife's favorite resort and we stay often)--that is why we always rent a car when staying at AK. My guess is, the issue would only be worse at reflections making it mandatory that staying there would require having a car. The most precious commodity at WDW is time, and you do not want to waste a good deal of time waiting on buses.

Phicinfan

I never understood the location of such a large resort. There is just not that good of transportation to any of the parks. Went to Hoop de doo Review a few years ago and had to wait over an hour to get a boat over to MK. The roads back there are not very good, so there would be constant waiting for buses to any of the other 3 parks. Has anyone ever stayed at AK, not unusual to wait over 20 minutes to get a bus to anywhere (My wife's favorite resort and we stay often)--that is why we always rent a car when staying at AK. My guess is, the issue would only be worse at reflections making it mandatory that staying there would require having a car. The most precious commodity at WDW is time, and you do not want to waste a good deal of time waiting on buses.
for the record, had they or if they build this they would address the transportation issues.
One they would increase the boat loop from there to Contemporary and MK
Two they would do a more direct road to the resort, for bus traffic

What I would LOVE.... is some kind of tram or train from this, past Camp Wilderness, past Wilderness lodge to the TTC to open faster route to Epcot. But that is blind hope there...

aladdin2007

for the record, had they or if they build this they would address the transportation issues.
One they would increase the boat loop from there to Contemporary and MK
Two they would do a more direct road to the resort, for bus traffic

What I would LOVE.... is some kind of tram or train from this, past Camp Wilderness, past Wilderness lodge to the TTC to open faster route to Epcot. But that is blind hope there...
at one time that was a plan to have a train between the Fort, Wilderness Junction, and Wilderness Lodge linking all 3. Had junction got built, it would have been a nice family of resorts in a natural beautiful setting...destroyed now for the most part.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Bob needs that sweet, sweet DVC money to keep rolling in. And this (once?) dead project would have fit with their repeated claims of “expanded capacity” over the next 10 years.

nickys

Premium Member
Define “dead”. 😉

It seems that it might return in some form as an addition to the “Cabins at FW DVC resort”. At some time.

Although personally I don’t think it will be a stand-alone DVC resort.

Phicinfan

I guarantee this project will start up again -
1. Its a DVC
2. Disney can say they "added capacity" by building this.
I am actually going to agree. Gut tells me the DVC cabins won't fly well. Also, they are adding/have added additional DVC capability in each resort in MK area, so why would this be different?

Disstevefan1

Did you see the news yesterday?

Today might not the day to double-down on all the negativity. Give it a rest man, it will feel good.
Thanks for the advice. You call it negativity, I call it reality. Am I happy about it? No. Reality sucks.

Escaping reality is why folks used to go to WDW.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s not gonna be anything

It was ill advised and unnecessary. Hence the quick hook.

They can’t fill the rooms they have
Please no more DVC stuff until we have shovels at AK…
…I like your style 🫢

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom