Toy Story AP Previews

Meeko77

I reached out to them weeks ago, as I hadn't been receiving passholder emails for at least 9 months. Spoke with a couple cast members who promised to help me - no resolution. Disappointing. I used to get Mickey Monitors as well, and I stopped getting those. Like someone suggested, I'll just try going an hour before the park closes.

bclane

The AP doesn't advertise nor guarantee early previews of new attractions or lands. It's all a gift when it happens **IF** WDW can make it happen. Sometimes they can't because the attraction/land isn't ready in time. That was the case with TSL. WDW could have said, "tough luck, didn't have enough time," instead, they rescheduled special access.

This isn't a PR stunt. It's APers thinking that what is a sometimes gift is now a birthright.
I agree. I am a Platinum Plus passholder and while I am disappointed that I didn't check my email in time to get into the TSL special event thing, I don't think it is something passholders should think of as a guaranteed benefit or even anything approaching that. I was blessed to get into the Pandora preview and that was one of my all time favorite days at Disney. I truly hope that they do something like this for Batuu, but I think it would be a mistake for me to expect it. Finally, my pass is quite expensive, but it is more than worth it based on the value I get out of it...imo. If I go even once every month, I more than pay for the pass just based on admission and parking fees. Based on that alone I doubt I will ever give up my pass as long as I am a Florida resident.

sixbagelboy

I agree. I am a Platinum Plus passholder and while I am disappointed that I didn't check my email in time to get into the TSL special event thing, I don't think it is something passholders should think of as a guaranteed benefit or even anything approaching that. I was blessed to get into the Pandora preview and that was one of my all time favorite days at Disney. I truly hope that they do something like this for Batuu, but I think it would be a mistake for me to expect it. Finally, my pass is quite expensive, but it is more than worth it based on the value I get out of it...imo. If I go even once every month, I more than pay for the pass just based on admission and parking fees. Based on that alone I doubt I will ever give up my pass as long as I am a Florida resident.
I am also a Platinum Plus AP. The fact you say one of your favorite days at Disney was to an AP only event which very very very few of us got invited to makes my point that there is disappointment when there aren’t events or we miss deadlines. I’m glad you got to go to Pandora, but I wish they could have expanded the invite list. And yes, again, I don’t expect AP perks but I can hope for more.

bclane

I am also a Platinum Plus AP. The fact you say one of your favorite days at Disney was to an AP only event which very very very few of us got invited to makes my point that there is disappointment when there aren’t events or we miss deadlines. I’m glad you got to go to Pandora, but I wish they could have expanded the invite list. And yes, again, I don’t expect AP perks but I can hope for more.
I don't think there is a problem with disappointment or hoping for more perks per se but I think that sometimes people allow their disappointment in something like this to negatively impact their overall enjoyment of their pass or think Disney is somehow not delivering on what was paid for. I'm not saying you are doing this, but that was what I was thinking about when I replied to MisterPenguin. Hopefully we both get in on the next event as they are definitely pretty cool!

sixbagelboy

I don't think there is a problem with disappointment or hoping for more perks per se but I think that sometimes people allow their disappointment in something like this to negatively impact their overall enjoyment of their pass or think Disney is somehow not delivering on what was paid for. I'm not saying you are doing this, but that was what I was thinking about when I replied to MisterPenguin. Hopefully we both get in on the next event as they are definitely pretty cool!
Very well said. Thank you.

Respo12

I was lucky enough to get the email and a date for an 8am slot. Based on the avatar event, and how fast these sold out, how many people are getting access for each 1 hour time slot? Any educated guesses?

bclane

I was lucky enough to get the email and a date for an 8am slot. Based on the avatar event, and how fast these sold out, how many people are getting access for each 1 hour time slot? Any educated guesses?
I can tell you that The Pandora event was not crowded at all the day we were there. It wasn’t empty either. Honestly it felt like the perfect amount of people to keep the excitement level up but not to many to make it feel cramped. I think we waited between 5 and 10 minutes for FoP and basically walked on to NRJ. The gift shop was pretty crowded though. Hopefully it is the same for you folks who were lucky enough to get into the TSL one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom