Toy Story AP Previews

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
0C0F6EC0-EA9D-43DE-9578-20A390BD0BA8.jpeg

@3:18 CDT @wdwmagic

Sky

My renewal is in August so I didn’t get an email - seems odd as they could market this to any upcoming ‘renewers’ as a reward for renewing. Doesn’t quite matter - even the drive from St. Augustine would be two hours and the morning times are ludicrous.

splashtest

Wow!!! I seriously didn’t think the event would fill up. I wanted to make sure we got a spot In case we couldn’t for Moonlight Magic.

GlassHalfFull

Yeah, I feel you. I get that they can't close the area to normal guests for u, but such limited windows during the middle of the week after FL kids have gone back to school does nothing for us. Personally, I don't care about having exclusive access, but I do want to experience the rides. I'd rather they give passholders guaranteed one-time use FP's to use at their leisure than this garbage.

Add me to the list of people who didn't get the Avatar or this email, after spending an hour on the phone with Guest Services a month ago when they announced this offering to ensure I'd get the email the moment it was sent out. My wife got hers around 4:20, though.

I think your idea of a FP that can be used any time over a week(you select the week or smaller period) or rolling time period is a much better idea.. I get that most people would go on the first day in whatever window they have.. that is why you don't give a blanket 90 days or 120 day window. I also know if you have a family of 4 or more, it will be nearly impossible to get a FP for these unless you constantly check day of, since the AP window is 30 days. Most people I know are not worried about seeing the park empty, you can see those with the park blog images, its the fast passes they want.

Lunair

I think your idea of a FP that can be used any time over a week(you select the week or smaller period) or rolling time period is a much better idea.. I get that most people would go on the first day in whatever window they have.. that is why you don't give a blanket 90 days or 120 day window. I also know if you have a family of 4 or more, it will be nearly impossible to get a FP for these unless you constantly check day of, since the AP window is 30 days. Most people I know are not worried about seeing the park empty, you can see those with the park blog images, its the fast passes they want.

Actually, we wants the redhead.

Slinky Dog fastpasses are a close second though.

DEACANES

I got on as soon as I received the email yesterday and I was able to get one for a Saturday at 7am when we were already scheduled to be there, so I was really lucky. However, I see that the park doesn't open until 9am. I wonder if they will kick us out at 8 to come back at 9? Also, I wonder how many people this was limited to per time period. Seems like they went awful fast.

Since we're not making a special trip and I have 5 year old twins who will probably love SDD, I am sure there won't be any regrets, but it will be very interesting to see how it plays out.

sixbagelboy

What a joke. They try to make us AP's happy by offering a "special event" to something which will have been opened for months, and before the park opens (at 7 am), and to a couple of dozen AP's. Why would they do this stupid PR stunt? All it is going to do is off the AP's. I can certainly say Disney should be happy I buy the AP for access to the Parks and not the perks since the perks really, really stink now.

ThatMouse

Regarding not getting the email: After a lengthy back n forth email with Disney, they finally told me I have the "opted out" flagged, and they cannot change that. I'm thinking it's because I opted out when I started getting a bunch of spam from their other Disney properties like the movie of the month scam club. It's not clear who at Disney has the power to fix that. Disney and I are not on speaking terms right now.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What a joke. They try to make us AP's happy by offering a "special event" to something which will have been opened for months, and before the park opens (at 7 am), and to a couple of dozen AP's. Why would they do this stupid PR stunt? All it is going to do is **** off the AP's. I can certainly say Disney should be happy I buy the AP for access to the Parks and not the perks since the perks really, really stink now.

The AP doesn't advertise nor guarantee early previews of new attractions or lands. It's all a gift when it happens **IF** WDW can make it happen. Sometimes they can't because the attraction/land isn't ready in time. That was the case with TSL. WDW could have said, "tough luck, didn't have enough time," instead, they rescheduled special access.

This isn't a PR stunt. It's APers thinking that what is a sometimes gift is now a birthright.

Sonconato

What a joke. They try to make us AP's happy by offering a "special event" to something which will have been opened for months, and before the park opens (at 7 am), and to a couple of dozen AP's. Why would they do this stupid PR stunt? All it is going to do is **** off the AP's. I can certainly say Disney should be happy I buy the AP for access to the Parks and not the perks since the perks really, really stink now.
I agree completely. To be more specific, the Platinum and Gold will be angry. The lower tiers keep getting more and more: three extra weeks, Toy Story Land opened a day early, and they have the rest of the summer for only $89.

YankeeMouse

My renewal is in August so I didn’t get an email - seems odd as they could market this to any upcoming ‘renewers’ as a reward for renewing. Doesn’t quite matter - even the drive from St. Augustine would be two hours and the morning times are ludicrous.
My renewal is in 1 week. And I got the email and registered. They could have done a little more than just wander around the land, maybe a donut :)

sixbagelboy

The AP doesn't advertise nor guarantee early previews of new attractions or lands. It's all a gift when it happens **IF** WDW can make it happen. Sometimes they can't because the attraction/land isn't ready in time. That was the case with TSL. WDW could have said, "tough luck, didn't have enough time," instead, they rescheduled special access.

This isn't a PR stunt. It's APers thinking that what is a sometimes gift is now a birthright.

Thank you for your opinion. First of all, you took my comments wrong. I never stated I expect gifts or AP perks are birthrights. I said perks have gone downhill. I buy the AP for access to the parks, not the perks (good thing). Secondly it IS a PR stunt. 7 in the morning? 3 months after the land opened? Invites all gone in a couple of hours? Sounds like a PR stunt to help convince people to renew their passes. That is my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom