Mobile Order now available for use with Disney Dining Plans

Mainahman

We also use Disney Gift Cards for most of our purchases during our trip - last year we discovered we could charge items to our room using our MB, but then each night, we would go to the front desk in our resort and pay our bill with our gift cards. So we had the convenience of using our MB for everything - but still paid everything off with our gift cards.
Really? Thats an awesome work around!

nickys

Premium Member
Does anyone if we can use it for DVC stays since the dining plan isn’t part of a package when we purchase it?

You can use a credit card to pay as well.

Not sure I understand the first question. But if we do add the dining plan to a DVC stay, which you can do, I know we still can't track credits on MDE, for some reason. I assume this doesn't affect our ability to use the mobile ordering and the dining plan. I can't think why it should, just wondering if anyone has used it yet?

jgj123

Not sure I understand the first question. But if we do add the dining plan to a DVC stay, which you can do, I know we still can't track credits on MDE, for some reason. I assume this doesn't affect our ability to use the mobile ordering and the dining plan. I can't think why it should, just wondering if anyone has used it yet?
Mobile Ordering is done via MDE, so your Dining Plan has to be linked to MDE and if MDE cannot track your dining credits, then I'm going to guess that the DVC purchased dining plans will not work with Mobile Ordering until such time as Disney implements a way to add those dining plans to MDE.

nickys

Premium Member
Mobile Ordering is done via MDE, so your Dining Plan has to be linked to MDE and if MDE cannot track your dining credits, then I'm going to guess that the DVC purchased dining plans will not work with Mobile Ordering until such time as Disney implements a way to add those dining plans to MDE.

Well we can use magic bands with the dining plan, just can't see the credits. So it must be on MDE somewhere if the magic bands can access them, no? I'm confused!

mattdenine

DIdn't realize dining plans for DVC currently not linked to MDE. Disney is tracking it some way so I'm sure they can link it to MDE.

jgj123

They're obviously tracking them, but with the traditional Dining Plan, it's part of a package reservation so when you link your reservation to MDE, it pulls in Resort, Tickets and Dining Plan info. Hopefully they integrate the stand alone DVC Dining Plan soon if it's not already there. Have to wait for reports on this.

DVCPluto

Well we can use magic bands with the dining plan, just can't see the credits. So it must be on MDE somewhere if the magic bands can access them, no? I'm confused!
They're obviously tracking them, but with the traditional Dining Plan, it's part of a package reservation so when you link your reservation to MDE, it pulls in Resort, Tickets and Dining Plan info. Hopefully they integrate the stand alone DVC Dining Plan soon if it's not already there. Have to wait for reports on this.
Reading my original post, I wasn’t clear, but you were able to read my mind! Thank you! I have to imagine someone staying on DVC points who has also purchased the dining plan is trying to use the mobile ordering and will report back. It would be a huge convenience, so here’s hoping it can get figured out.

Reading my original post, I wasn’t clear, but you were able to read my mind! Thank you! I have to imagine someone staying on DVC points who has also purchased the dining plan is trying to use the mobile ordering and will report back. It would be a huge convenience, so here’s hoping it can get figured out.

I’ve been wondering about this too. I’ve called both DVC and Disney’s tech support for MDE. No one seems to be able to confirm whether or not mobile ordering and/or tracking DDP credits will be available to those who’ve booked with DVC points. I was told the ddp “might” link to MDE after “physical” checkin.

SHOUTING, lol “Anyone currently at Disney with ddp that booked using DVC points?!”

DVCPluto

I’ve been wondering about this too. I’ve called both DVC and Disney’s tech support for MDE. No one seems to be able to confirm whether or not mobile ordering and/or tracking DDP credits will be available to those who’ve booked with DVC points. I was told the ddp “might” link to MDE after “physical” checkin.

SHOUTING, lol “Anyone currently at Disney with ddp that booked using DVC points?!”

How is this possible that no one knows?!? It’s just so silly. Thank you for calling and asking... hopefully we’ll hear from real people using the system. It’s kind of crazy that MDE and the DVC site can’t play nice together. —OR— At least give us a number to link the dining plan to MDE so we can use these cool features, tell everyone how awesome it is to own DVC, and then they can get more money. win win :)

jgj123

How is this possible that no one knows?!? It’s just so silly. Thank you for calling and asking... hopefully we’ll hear from real people using the system. It’s kind of crazy that MDE and the DVC site can’t play nice together. —OR— At least give us a number to link the dining plan to MDE so we can use these cool features, tell everyone how awesome it is to own DVC, and then they can get more money. win win :)

I found the below info in another thread, so it looks like it works. Maybe message scoobygirl39541 for info

Tried this for the first time at Peco's Bill on February 4 and it was not a good experience. We had no trouble ordering the food in the app, also of note... it was a DVC reservation with the dining plan. The dining plan was visable on the app and came off our plan with no problem.

JaxFLBear

Are you able to use disney visa reward points with a disney reward card? Or is this treated like a gift card?
AFAIK, payment for mobile food ordering is limited to Credit/Debit Cards and Disney Dining Plans. Redemption Cards for the Disney Rewards Visa work like Disney Gift Cards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom