Mobile Order now available for use with Disney Dining Plans

donsullivan

Premium Member
As a big fan of mobile order, I'll be interested to see how the addition of newly eligible participants changes the pick-up dynamic. In my most recent experiences at locations like Pecos Bill and Columbia Harbor House, Guests seem to place their mobile order and then immediately just camp out at the counter waiting for it to be ready. It's like crashing the baggage claim belt at the airport when luggage shows up.

I've had multiple experiences where there are so many people jammed up against the counter the CM's need to pass your order over their heads because those whose order is not yet ready will not clear a path to the counter. If adding Dining Plan guests to the mix increases the number of participants, they'll need to work the kinks out of that portion of the process. It's inevitable that someone is going to wear a tray of food as its passed over because they would not get out of the way.

FigmentFreak

Does the system recognize Tables in Wonderland or AP discounts?

No, I'm an APer and was just there a few weeks ago and that was the only downside, but honestly not standing in some of the long food lines was worth missing the discount a couple times. I couldn't believe how few people were using this option.

As a big fan of mobile order, I'll be interested to see how the addition of newly eligible participants changes the pick-up dynamic. In my most recent experiences at locations like Pecos Bill and Columbia Harbor House, Guests seem to place their mobile order and then immediately just camp out at the counter waiting for it to be ready. It's like crashing the baggage claim belt at the airport when luggage shows up.

I've had multiple experiences where there are so many people jammed up against the counter the CM's need to pass your order over their heads because those whose order is not yet ready will not clear a path to the counter. If adding Dining Plan guests to the mix increases the number of participants, they'll need to work the kinks out of that portion of the process. It's inevitable that someone is going to wear a tray of food as its passed over because they would not get out of the way.
I'm excited for the launch of this, but am nervous about exactly what you're talking about. I'm hoping no one "jumps the gun" and takes food that isn't theirs. (;

Kevin_W

No, I'm an APer and was just there a few weeks ago and that was the only downside, but honestly not standing in some of the long food lines was worth missing the discount a couple times. I couldn't believe how few people were using this option.

Same for us - I forwent $1.50 at Flame Tree BBQ not to stand in a 20-minute line.

donsullivan

Premium Member

I have to agree that (at least for me) the convenience of this definitely outweighs the nominal saving I would get with an AP discount. But I'm also not typically buying food for a large family so YMMV. I would imagine support for that is probably on the roadmap for the program but was certainly not as high on the priority list as dining plan support.

Despite not being able to get an AP discount (where available), I use Mobile Order whenever possible.

rjstanis

Happy to see this as well! Great progress!

If only they implemented this during oh I don't know Free Dining last month, maybe I could have used it lol. There was a couple of instances it would have saved me tremendous headaches (pathways previously utilized to restaurants were closed for fireworks on the way going back after being in the order line for forever).

Figment Forever

now if i could load all my disney gift cards onto our magic bands wed be golden!

We also use Disney Gift Cards for most of our purchases during our trip - last year we discovered we could charge items to our room using our MB, but then each night, we would go to the front desk in our resort and pay our bill with our gift cards. So we had the convenience of using our MB for everything - but still paid everything off with our gift cards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom