News 'Happily Ever After' moves to an earlier time slot

peter11435

This is how Disneyland Paris has operated for many years. The firework show is always scheduled at park closing resulting in a slow moving crush to get out. I visit WDW in the summer so fireworks are at 10pm and park closes at 12am and I usually leave around 11:30pm and it's never a problem to get out and so I dislike this change.
Except it’s not really a change.

mikejs78

Premium Member
MK also didn't have nearly as many guests so your argument is moot. They have 2 parks that are lacking in attractions, one that is really trying to be night time friendly but it only has a few things that really work at night. Then you have MK, the flagship theme park of the entire world. More international guests than ever before... Now more than ever, it should not close until 10 at the earliest, any given night of the week.
Except that's never been the case. Looking back at other years there have always been plenty of 8PM closings in Jan. There must be a reason for it, Disney wouldn't forego all the food/gift shop revenue..

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is how Disneyland Paris has operated for many years. The firework show is always scheduled at park closing resulting in a slow moving crush to get out. I visit WDW in the summer so fireworks are at 10pm and park closes at 12am and I usually leave around 11:30pm and it's never a problem to get out and so I dislike this change.
Epcot fireworks have been at park closing for decades now. Even in September, MK closes with fireworks.

Paris has the luxury in the summer of fireworks at closing, but closing is at 11pm. A lot of families have left by then, and by 1130pm when guests are casually leaving it’s just a walk and not a monorail / ferry crush.

bhg469

Becau
Except that's never been the case. Looking back at other years there have always been plenty of 8PM closings in Jan. There must be a reason for it, Disney wouldn't forego all the food/gift shop revenue..
Because, unless they're near capacity they don't make enough to justify staffing the place. They only want to stay open later if they're packed to the gills.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Becau
Because, unless they're near capacity they don't make enough to justify staffing the place. They only want to stay open later if they're packed to the gills.

Eh, not quite. They stay open later during the moderately crowded seasons as well as the 'packed to the gills' summer and holiday seasons. They just close early in the slow season, which is basically down to just from mid-Jan to spring break at this point.

bhg469

Eh, not quite. They stay open later during the moderately crowded seasons as well as the 'packed to the gills' summer and holiday seasons. They just close early in the slow season, which is basically down to just from mid-Jan to spring break at this point.
Again.. Slow season doesn't exist anymore in the way it used to. What we used to know as slow season actually meant the parks were very slow. They are never slow unless there is an impending hurricane.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Again.. Slow season doesn't exist anymore in the way it used to. What we used to know as slow season actually meant the parks were very slow. They are never slow unless there is an impending hurricane.
It's still slow relative to the rest of the year. Definitely slower than the summer and Christmas and even slower than Spring Break / Fall, etc. So relative to the rest of the year and on a Disney scale this is the slow time.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
“Less busy” is the new “slow”

The new definitions for crowd levels at WDW:

"Less busy" = Staffing for 20-40 minute waits standard for any ride/attraction, with popular attractions reaching 90 minutes or more
"Regular" = Staffing for 40-75 minute waits standard for any ride/attraction, with popular attractions reaching 120 minutes or more
"Pretty busy" = Staffing for 60-90 minute waits standard for any ride/attraction, with popular attractions reaching 150 minutes or more
"Crazy busy" = Staffing for 90-120 minute waits standard for any ride/attraction, with popular attractions reaching 180 minutes or more. (Aka. Just stay home.)

trainplane3

The new definitions for crowd levels at WDW:

"Less busy" = Staffing for 20-40 minute waits standard for any ride/attraction, with popular attractions reaching 90 minutes or more
"Regular" = Staffing for 40-75 minute waits standard for any ride/attraction, with popular attractions reaching 120 minutes or more
"Pretty busy" = Staffing for 60-90 minute waits standard for any ride/attraction, with popular attractions reaching 150 minutes or more
"Crazy busy" = Staffing for 90-120 minute waits standard for any ride/attraction, with popular attractions reaching 180 minutes or more. (Aka. Just stay home. Just come on in and shop, actually have a couple drinks too. Did you know we have food booths at Festival park? You should try those too. Rides are overrated. Getting drunk is a much better thrill then a ride.)
I corrected your statement. I'm definitely not being forced to do it by a certain mouse. Nope, not at all. Everything is fine here.

Please send help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom