Disney's All Star Movies Resort to begin major room refurbishments in 2018

Dad 2 M & M

All Star buses tend to share more often in the evenings when picking guests up at the parks, particularly when there are a lot of people waiting. Just deposit them one-two-three at Sports, Music, and Movies.
If I understand you correctly, this is when it is LESS likely to share....when a lot of people are waiting the busing is dedicated, not shared.
If you are saying "a lot of people waiting" = enough waiting at all 3 stops to to fill one bus to capacity, I'd tend to agree with you.
That has really been phased out. Every now and then you might see a bus that says ALL-Star Resorts. I've stayed at ALL-Star Movies 4 times for a grand total of 30 days/30 nights and have only been on a bus that stops at all 3 resorts 6 times.
It MUST have been a little more popular back in the day as many comments indicate the experience. We've had it at Pop/AoA, but not at an All-Star. Most likely reason we haven't had the experience is we rarely travel back to the Resorts during the day...that seems to be the time where most report it happening. It could be something peeps have read on the other "Blog"....the "blog" that compares the All-Stars/Pop to Motel 6. You see the Motel 6 comment a lot and even in this thread.
Yeah, whenever I've been on the ALL-STAR Resorts buses, has usually been when I've left the parks past midnight.
Correct. When leaving the Parks late at night is one of the most likely time you'll get a shared bus. We have had shared busing at Pop/AoA Multiple times, almost always late at night after an EME....

Question to you - have you ever heard a horror story of shared busing at an All-Star? I haven't......if the busing was shared with ANY regularity, you would have heard a horror story by now.....especially if the Loop was REALLY Sports, Music, and Movies, in that order, with no deviation.....you would have heard by now a negative comment from a Music or Movies Guest....again, it must not happen often

Oddly enough, we haven't had the shared experience at an All-Star, just Pop/AoA

TARDIS

Great thanks! Is there somewhere to follow the progress? We might be staying here on our next trip and we’d definitely want a refurbished room.
I’m in a Facebook group called “disney value resorts a magical guide” that keeps a close eye on remodel work :). Might be worth joining if you want to keep up with it. I just unfollow so I don’t get all the questions in my news feed and notifications. Im sure there are other sites out there, that’s just been the easiest for me.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I’m in a Facebook group called “disney value resorts a magical guide” that keeps a close eye on remodel work :). Might be worth joining if you want to keep up with it. I just unfollow so I don’t get all the questions in my news feed and notifications. Im sure there are other sites out there, that’s just been the easiest for me.

Good gravy there's a facebook group for everything isn't there?? ;)

TARDIS

Good gravy there's a facebook group for everything isn't there?? ;)
Haha for sure! Not sure how I found it.
They have members constantly updating on which buildings are down for remodel so I started following back when pop started and just kind of stayed lol.

Markiewong

Small bump. I want to send in my room requests soon, does anybody know what the current progress is? Last update I can find is from July where they skipped fantasia 5 and just started on Mighty Duck.

TARDIS

Small bump. I want to send in my room requests soon, does anybody know what the current progress is? Last update I can find is from July where they skipped fantasia 5 and just started on Mighty Duck.
Last I saw Fantasia 5 the last building is almost done not open yet. So all open rooms are refurbed now :)

DisneyDreamer08

Another source (you know the one ;)) says that All Star Movies is officially completed and work on All Star Music has now begun.

This is true. Movies is done. Music building 10 is currently closed with construction starting there. AoA is also currently under a smaller refurb. Floors, paint, new pull out couches etc.

Mainahman

Were staying at Music in July in a quite. First stay at that resort. Usually stay at POP, but needed more room for a niece and nephew. Hoping that the refurbs of those are done by then.

poppin

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but how noisey is this resort? (summer months) Is it pretty bad? Debating for a future trip with quite a few people. Either something like this or a rental.

PrincessNelly_NJ

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but how noisey is this resort? (summer months) Is it pretty bad? Debating for a future trip with quite a few people. Either something like this or a rental.
We were facing the pool and the music was kinda of noisy but we never had issues hearing other guest. So as long as your away from the pool, you should be fine.

poppin

We were facing the pool and the music was kinda of noisy but we never had issues hearing other guest. So as long as your away from the pool, you should be fine.
Good to know! I think this would be more fun than a rental house. I like the idea of staying on property and the rooms here have been updated nicely for a value.

mf1972

i guess it depends on where you are. if you’re by the pool, it’ll probably be noisy. also depends on what kind of neighbors u have

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom