News Disney to pilot registered nurse first-aid centers at Walt Disney World Resort hotels

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
not directed at every single decision that Disney makes.

While I don't agree with you in principal...this perception is false.

I'm classified as a "hater" and have been for many years in another "neighborhood"...but I've studied it in my spare time...lived it...financial supported it far more Than the "every other year" crowd...

Doesn't sound like much of a "hater" to me?

And while I caution that people grow up and not accept weird pricing because they don't want to have to think about it, reject pie in the sky rumors that never come to pass because they don't make any sense, and plead to look at parks as part of the bigger business culminate on "news and rumors"

...I also spend countless hours giving advice about dvc, dining, and hotels (what I do for fun)...

I heard magic was too up on "the dust"...not at all. This climate seems to be well balanced...and by that I mean not controlled by a travel agent and his "dwarf" henchmen who leads the kids astray...

Back on point: there are very few "haters"...in private conversations
Over the years it's clear it's like 90/10 lovers to the truly disgruntled.

MinnieWaffles

While I don't agree with you in principal...this perception is false.

I'm classified as a "hater" and have been for many years in another "neighborhood"...but I've studied it in my spare time...lived it...financial supported it far more Than the "every other year" crowd...

Doesn't sound like much of a "hater" to me?

And while I caution that people grow up and not accept weird pricing because they don't want to have to think about it, reject pie in the sky rumors that never come to pass because they don't make any sense, and plead to look at parks as part of the bigger business culminate on "news and rumors"

...I also spend countless hours giving advice about dvc, dining, and hotels (what I do for fun)...

I heard magic was too up on "the dust"...not at all. This climate seems to be well balanced...and by that I mean not controlled by a travel agent and his "dwarf" henchmen who leads the kids astray...

Back on point: there are very few "haters"...in private conversations
Over the years it's clear it's like 90/10 lovers to the truly disgruntled.

Stop trying to be Ford and get your own identity. You really aren't cool and hip when derailing a thread with nonsense.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The bad press and loss of business from a Zika virus outbreak in Disney is definitely in part a business decision. It can be human and a business decision at the same time.

No question...but this is different. Zika was a national craze for a length of time....like bird flu or mad cow...

Did I miss disney getting bad pub from lack of triage? Am i out of the loop?

jimbaker84

WDW clearly has counted the numbers going off-site to InstaCare clinics and Urgent Care Centers, and said to themselves, "Selves, we're leaving money on the table here..."

Of course, this added revenue stream may cloud the issue on incidents such as food poisoning, guests injured by CM negligence, etc...
I think this announcement can only be a good thing. I have gone to the first aid station in MK on a couple of occasions with a headache and the guys there were more than helpful and didn't ask for a cent in return. As far as i am aware this is a free service and it's inclusion should be applauded.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
The bad press and loss of business from a Zika virus outbreak in Disney is definitely in part a business decision. It can be human and a business decision at the same time.
The specific question I was addressing was:

...when's the last time they looked at anything in wdw and said "you know what...we should do this! We'll eat the cost...no big deal"

I stand by my response.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The specific question I was addressing was:

...when's the last time they looked at anything in wdw and said "you know what...we should do this! We'll eat the cost...no big deal"

I stand by my response.
The question is...is there a razor thin line between "right thing" and "operational necessity/PR hit" in that example?

The answer is yes in this specific case. Another one occurred in the summer of 2016 that resulted in an "unplanned capital expenditure".

It's a management decision...not a grandmother watching the kids when they're home sick.

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
The question is...is there a razor thin line between "right thing" and "operational necessity/PR hit" in thaf example?

The answer is yes in this specific case. Another one occurred in the summer of 2016 that resulted in an "unplanned capital expenditure".

It's a management decision...not a grandmother watching the kids when they're home sick.

When will you learn to stop? Someone provided a real life example. Accept it and move on.

Goodness, you will fight over literally anything.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
When will you learn to stop? Someone provided a real life example. Accept it and move on.

Goodness, you will fight over literally anything.

I don't see how that's a "fight"...it's a discussion...

But have it your way: why are they putting nurses in hotels? That's what will be interesting to see.

If I see one, I'll take the direct approach and ask them.

Nubs70

The new RN plan is modelled after the Mexican Riviera Roofy Plan.

1. Roofy the guest
2. Absorbinate Medical Care
:rolleyes:

Much-Pixie-Dust

Like @jimbaker84 stated earlier, I too have used first aid center at the water park when kiddo fell and skinned up arm. They were great and gave us bandages and gauze to take with us to change her dressing. We had ointment with us already, but scrape was much larger than the regular sized bandaids I brought. I was very grateful because Her wound got covered up and we didn’t have to leave resort area. Whatever the motive, I like having an RN at resorts and hope it extends to other resorts.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I think this announcement can only be a good thing. I have gone to the first aid station in MK on a couple of occasions with a headache and the guys there were more than helpful and didn't ask for a cent in return. As far as i am aware this is a free service and it's inclusion should be applauded.
I hope you're right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom