News Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2018

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
It didn’t seem super busy last night? I might not be able to be the best judge of crowd sizes, but lots of rides not named Peter Pan or Mine Train were walk ons.

One note though- I ended up watching the second parade (because of course nothing is really going quite like planned this trip lol), and between the parade ‘starting’ with the Horseman trotting by the castle and the first float showing up, there was a 15 minute gap. It was a little awkward.
Because the horseman is a separate thing from parade. Parade floats don’t (and shouldn’t) be able to move that fast.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I heard the first Hocus Pocus on Oct 18 was aborted after about 5 minutes - anyone know what happened?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Because the horseman is a separate thing from parade. Parade floats don’t (and shouldn’t) be able to move that fast.

Also it seems that the parade doesn't start until the horseman is all the way through. I guess they want to make sure that any horse droppings are completely cleaned up before the parade gets there. And in the tragic case of another horsefall, they don't want a parade having to go around a horse on the ground whinnying in pain over a broken leg.

brb1006

Also it seems that the parade doesn't start until the horseman is all the way through. I guess they want to make sure that any horse droppings are completely cleaned up before the parade gets there. And in the tragic case of another horsefall, they don't want a parade having to go around a horse on the ground whinnying in pain over a broken leg.
Wait did the time the Horse was heard whinnying in pain due to a broken leg actually happen in the past?

HoraceHorizons

Lots of things in here I completely agree with you on.

There's a lot they could do to make it different or improve it. I shouldn't see virtually the same party and same offerings for well over 10 years (likely longer). But when people go multiple times and accept what's there, why should they change it up? Same for HalloWishes. Why didn't they change it this year?

The Halloween overlays is a nice start. It needs to be better (Space Mountain; even though pure darkness is nice). The Pirates thing seems to be growing on folks and it's a nice start. I'd like to see that idea copied to a couple of other rides.

But it's always the bare minimum (sometimes just above). Even when they spend money (this goes for anything they do)

You know, the real reason that I keep going, and I imagine this is why it hasnt been updated much, is that Im gonna be there during the Party, and it's Halloween / Christmas so people, I think, naturally want to do something special for a holiday so DISNEY gets away with it in that sorta spirited anticipation people have over holidays.

I think the Pirates thing is a cool idea for a + but I'm hearing it needs more from people. Im gonna check it out though.

If they just made some sort of effort to even just decorate the treat trails cheaply, and throw some character viewings in there, it would go a long way IMO. I'm curious what anyone else thinks of that. I think it would be great if they had the characters give out the candy but dont advertise who is giving it out. So it's a surprise which Villain or character is giving out candy. They can even switch it up so the same location has multiple people by using the utilidors to move characters around. That with some minimal decorating and maybe some music in the trails, would be an awesome draw with minimal production costs.

The first problem I can think of with this is that people would try to take photos, but they can just control the crowd flow into the actual space where the character opens a door or surprises you with something, and not allow photos.

yensid67

Does anyone have the prices of the MNSSHP 2018, 2017 and 2016 Please post of PM me! I am trying to have a BALL PARK price for 2019! Looks like the prices go up $5 each year!?

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Well....I booked CSR for pre-Labor Day week (wanted to check out the tower)......and really bad eggs - Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho ......Now, bring on '19.

Does anyone have the prices of the MNSSHP 2018, 2017 and 2016 Please post of PM me! I am trying to have a BALL PARK price for 2019! Looks like the prices go up $5 each year!?

2018 - Late September (AP Discount)

09/28 MNSSHP PASS AD 2 x 89.46 = 178.92
09/28 MNSSHP PASS CH 2 x 84.14 = 168.28

----------------------------------------------------------
Taxes: $ 21.20

Total: $ 347.20

Same week the year prior was about $10 lower per person.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom