News UCF Peach Bowl/National Championship Parade

21stamps

I'm trying not to say anything hurtful here. Just happy Bama won the game and the 2017 National Championship.

Someone didn’t get the memo.

What I want to know is, how do you pay your coaches a bonus for being national champions when you don’t have a claim to the title?
That’s a move that I could see Nick Saban scheming.. but I thought everyone else was better than that. ;)
32425BD3-066E-4ED2-8142-4E779844E336.jpeg
EBF891F5-F3DD-43AD-906B-5AE6545D511E.png

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Someone didn’t get the memo.

What I want to know is, how do you pay your coaches a bonus for being national champions when you don’t have a claim to the title?
That’s a move that I could see Nick Saban scheming.. but I thought everyone else was better than that. ;)
View attachment 255438View attachment 255439
I'm just gonna be nice. No major service is reporting them as the champs.

Last edited:

tribbleorlfl

Original Poster
For what it's worth, the final Colley Matrix was just released with UCF at #1. We can now legitimately claim a share of the National title. 😁

NearTheEars

For what it's worth, the final Colley Matrix was just released with UCF at #1. We can now legitimately claim a share of the National title. 😁

There you go. Colley was part of the BCS formula. Not sure what that means to the current era, but they are definitley at least the Colley Matrix National Champions.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
There you go. Colley was part of the BCS formula. Not sure what that means to the current era, but they are definitley at least the Colley Matrix National Champions.
Colley never gave a national champion though. lol It was only a formula used to figure out which teams playing in the national title. You may try again.

Next Big Thing

Honestly this is slightly embarrassing for UCF to keep pushing this National Champions thing.

Just because they beat the team that beat both Bama and Georgia doesn't mean anything. UCF had a weak schedule, they weren't worthy enough to get picked within the top 4 teams. Simple.

JimW

Premium Member
I normally dislike when someone calls for a thread to be shut down... so I guess that means, in this instance, that I dislike myself.

The news was that there was going to be a parade. The parade happened; it had no mention of a National Championship. So, as far as I can tell, there's no news, no rumors, and the events are no longer current.

Let's move this to Chit Chat where the two or three UCR Homers can continue their fight.

clemmo

I guess i'm one of the few that doesn't mind this. Bama beat 2 good teams the entire regular season (Lsu and miss st). Their third most impressive win was against a non power 5 (Fresno state). Other than that they beat teams at or below 500. Ucf beat the teams they could. If they faced bama they'd probably lose but this is why the playoffs should expand to 8 and include a non power 5 team. The non power 5's are catching up and closing the gap quickly on the major conferences, its time we see one in the playoffs every year. I realize this is looking far ahead but ucf plays Stanford in 2019 that will be another milestone for this program if they can keep course through all of the changes. All of this is coming from a penn state fan so I'm not exactly a homer.

UCF

Colley never gave a national champion though. lol It was only a formula used to figure out which teams playing in the national title. You may try again.
Colley is a major selector of the NCAA National Title, so the #1 ranking by them of UCF makes them a formal NCAA National Title holder. The debate is simply over now.

invader

Colley is a major selector of the NCAA National Title, so the #1 ranking by them of UCF makes them a formal NCAA National Title holder. The debate is simply over now.
Alabama was #1 in the Colley Matrix last year and they didn’t claim it then. Take your peach bowl win and move along.

clemmo

Nothing to do with national title claim but it's worth noting that Ucf's qb Milton was 7th in yards, 6th in completion pct, and tied for 4th in nation for td's...as a sophomore. He's the real deal

NearTheEars

I normally dislike when someone calls for a thread to be shut down... so I guess that means, in this instance, that I dislike myself.

The news was that there was going to be a parade. The parade happened; it had no mention of a National Championship. So, as far as I can tell, there's no news, no rumors, and the events are no longer current.

Let's move this to Chit Chat where the two or three UCR Homers can continue their fight.

Agreed. We’ll let history decide whether this “title” sticks. Somebody should let Saban know that they forgot to count last year’s Colley Matrix National Championship.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No

See, how Disney did it is far. Celebrate the great season.

Just looked at the interview with Scott Frost on ESPN. He isn't claiming UCF won it. I don't know. Just all seems silly. He said he wanted an 8 team playoff. They still don't make it then.

You give UCF three to four weeks play someone they may win. They cannot play in the big leagues week in and week out and go through what teams like Clemson, Oklahoma, Alabama, heck even Wake Forest, and win like they did in the AAC. I wouldn't expect it and nobody in their right minds would either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom