You can now book some ADRs using OpenTable!!!!

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
According to OpenTable itself, you can now make ADR for select Disney owned & operated restaurants using OpenTable. These are mostly at resort hotels, though, and of note many restaurants in Disney Springs already use OpenTable for dining reservations. In addition to that, the Wind & Waves Grill at Vero Beach Resort will also use OpenTable!

Last edited by a moderator:

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I like it, but as usual people are griping and having a fit on other groups etc. Go figure. Lol The ones they added were always easy to get into even last minute anyway. It’s not any of the hard to get locations. So I don’t get the griping by some but definitely not surprised. :rolleyes::joyfull:

TrojanUSC

I like it, but as usual people are griping and having a fit on other groups etc. Go figure. Lol The ones they added were always easy to get into even last minute anyway. It’s not any of the hard to get locations. So I don’t get the griping by some but definitely not surprised. :rolleyes::joyfull:

Exactly. They added the restaurants most frequented by conventioneers and those in town on business trips, knowing that those people probably use OpenTable regularly. Also, considering they are often open last-minute, it's a good way to advertise to day guests on property.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Exactly. They added the restaurants most frequented by conventioneers and those in town on business trips, knowing that those people probably use OpenTable regularly. Also, considering they are often open last-minute, it's a good way to advertise to day guests on property.

Yup, definitely a play to get business travelers in the area into the resort restaurants which seems like a good idea to me.

slappy magoo

Yeah my first thought was "oh no, now The Wave - one of the best restaurants on property - will routinely be 45% unoccupied instead of 60+% unoccupied"

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yeah my first thought was "oh no, now The Wave - one of the best restaurants on property - will routinely be 45% unoccupied instead of 60+% unoccupied"

Exactly! Lol ....people complain just to hear themselves complain. If they think this will make those select few harder to get into they don’t know much about those restaurants and dining at them. Never had any problems getting any of those on any given day. :p

TrojanUSC

Exactly. The only reason they opened The Wave is that it's not normal to have a convention hotel where hotel guests can't even get a meal at their hotel restaurant, which was the case between Chef Mickey's and California Grill.

DisneyJoe

For Disney Springs, I found the MDE app to be downright horrible at getting reservations. It would show everything booked solid. But then open up Open Table and you have lots of choices.

I've learned never to use MDE app for an ADR unless the restaurant is in a park.
It's been that way for years, Disney Springs/DTD eateries have always held back inventory from the Disney system, we've almost always call direct or use OpenTable.

matt9112

shame that park based eating is still an arena of reservation competition. I have been out front of a resturaunt in park before and the lag in the system has seen all the spots disappear before i can confirm before my eyes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom