New Cirque du Soleil 'Drawn to Life' show in development to replace La Nouba

JohnD

Great idea, can't wait to hear your thoughts.
I'm here. Ready for 4pm show.

B2D11A5B-3F6C-415A-825F-04CDC53D0D2A.jpeg

brb1006

Great show! Remind me. What was new? It was all new to many anyway.
The recent update added a newer act for the Forest Section which is a tribute to famous forest of various Disney Animated Films (notably Bambi) alongside the inclusion of a new song performing in Saltimbanco (a made-up language heard in various Cirque shows).

PrinceCharming617

I had to comment, I couldn't leave this thread at 666 for replies. hahaha

I've heard this show isn't very good from a couple of people. They've said It doesn't seem to have the magic that the other ones have had. I'll give it a chance with my good friend Mary Jane though, she always makes them better.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I had to comment, I couldn't leave this thread at 666 for replies. hahaha

I've heard this show isn't very good from a couple of people. They've said It doesn't seem to have the magic that the other ones have had. I'll give it a chance with my good friend Mary Jane though, she always makes them better.
There are some valid critiques of the show. However, Drawn to Life is the perfect example of how blending Disney IP into another world can work well. It seems both parties have taken steps to improve the show by adding new acts earlier this year. I am looking forward to seeing how it's evolved later this summer.

PrinceCharming617

There are some valid critiques of the show. However, Drawn to Life is the perfect example of how blending Disney IP into another world can work well. It seems both parties have taken steps to improve the show by adding new acts earlier this year. I am looking forward to seeing how it's evolved later this summer.

I'm glad you liked it buddy.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Just saw the show with the updates. Fourth time seeing this show now.

Holy guacamole it was great!! The new act with the feet tumblers was a lot more entertaining that the two guys that used to come out on stilts.

Also, it wasn't just an added scene that has been changed. They updated a lot of the projections, such as the scene with the two people tossing each other on the high wheel. That same scene also added other elements I didn't recognize the first two times I saw the show.

They also added MORE to what they already had. More interactions and scene bits during the Cirque acts to keep you engaged...

I think I must have caught a very energetic cast. There was a group of high school or college boys of about 200 or so tonight. So I'm wondering if that sparked some energy up in the cast.

All that said.... Very good changes and additions! Loved it even more!

I've seen this show four times now... 3 out of those 4 are because I'm a children's theatre director. So I take my students to go see the show. It's fantastic!

WondersOfLife

Make friends with your fellow castmembers. They are (finally) offering us a discount on the shows!
Mmmm. I'm sure you don't mean any harm by this post. As a former DCP employee, we will hate you even more as soon as we realize you're using us for discounts and perks. And we pick up on it fast. It was suuuuuuuuper annoying. Lol šŸ˜‚

It should be "Ask your CM friends if they want to go see Cirque" instead of "Make some CM friends"

But that's a discussion for another time.

cranbiz

Mmmm. I'm sure you don't mean any harm by this post. As a former DCP employee, we will hate you even more as soon as we realize you're using us for discounts and perks. And we pick up on it fast. It was suuuuuuuuper annoying. Lol šŸ˜‚

It should be "Ask your CM friends if they want to go see Cirque" instead of "Make some CM friends"

But that's a discussion for another time.
So much like.

When I was a CM, the people who sucked up to me for comp admission were the ones that I quickly figured out what they were up to and only got in once (if at all). My genuine friends were invited much more frequently and were known to politely decline once in a while.

cranbiz

Were you making them go on It's a Small World with you each time?
You figured out my secret.

2 funny stories.
The first one was when we went on Pirates. Our line had a large number of Pooh sized guests and they all ended up in our boat. Everything went well until the boat got stuck at the chase scene. Eventually the ride needed to be shut down and maintenance came to free the boat. We all got out, the boat was freed up and we all reboarded the boat. We then floated the rest of the ride but with the audio shut off. All the audio except the donkey braying. We keep in touch still and every call has at least one hee haw said in it. I (and them) never looked at Pirates the same way again.

The second did involve Small World. We were on it and had just entered the goodbye room and the ride went down but the audio was never shut off. 45 minutes later the ride track restarts but I now know goodbye in many different languages. Yes, those friends never want to be on Small World again.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

You figured out my secret.

2 funny stories.
The first one was when we went on Pirates. Our line had a large number of Pooh sized guests and they all ended up in our boat. Everything went well until the boat got stuck at the chase scene. Eventually the ride needed to be shut down and maintenance came to free the boat. We all got out, the boat was freed up and we all reboarded the boat. We then floated the rest of the ride but with the audio shut off. All the audio except the donkey braying. We keep in touch still and every call has at least one hee haw said in it. I (and them) never looked at Pirates the same way again.

The second did involve Small World. We were on it and had just entered the goodbye room and the ride went down but the audio was never shut off. 45 minutes later the ride track restarts but I now know goodbye in many different languages. Yes, those friends never want to be on Small World again.
I'm so glad I wasn't working pirates when that happened šŸ˜‚

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom