New Cirque du Soleil 'Drawn to Life' show in development to replace La Nouba

JohnD

try to get seats right above the exit. No one can sit in front of you and you have a shelf for your treats. Best seats in the house
I think I see what you're saying. So, like this one green $87 seat next to all the blue $104 seats.

1676650715061.png

JohnD

I sat in the middle of the blue and it was perfect, but if you can score that one green seat you can save some bucks
Awesome, I was looking at the $75 seats first but then thought the $87 might be better. They have seats along the top row facing at the center of the theatre. But just one seat over from $104 seats would save me some money. Thanks.

JohnD

I sat in the middle of the blue and it was perfect, but if you can score that one green seat you can save some bucks
Okay. That green seat is now gray. The great thing about having the Pixie Dust pass is that I can free up the weekend for doing other things so I'm going to a Sunday matinee at 4pm.

1676651494495.png

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Any recommendations on seating? Even the least expensive $75 seats are both in the top rows but are also closer to the stage but on the side.
Any seat in sections 203-205 is ideal. When I saw the show last summer I sat in 204 row U and had a fabulous view of the entire stage.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Some changes have come to Drawn to Life -

"New highflying acts have joined “Drawn to Life,” the Cirque du Soleil-Disney show at Walt Disney World, and Florida residents can buy discount tickets for a limited time to check out the changes.

An all-new acrobatic act, additional aerial artists and a ‘flying guitarist” are now part of the spectacular, which is performed Wednesday-Sunday at Disney Springs. The changes, and a spring discount on certain tickets, were announced Monday morning.

Only one act — a pair of stiltwalkers — has left the production, said Ann Paladie, director of public relations for Cirque du Soleil. The new additions primarily enhance existing scenes in “Drawn to Life,” which tells a sentimental and hopeful story of a little girl who uses animation to honor her late father, who was a Disney animator. By paying tribute to him, the legacy of Disney animation and the company’s beloved characters and movies also are honored.

The stiltwalkers have been replaced by a pair of performers performing what is known as “Icarian Games” — a series of acrobatic feats in which performers use their legs and feet to toss fellow acrobats in the air for flips, somersaults and other dramatic visuals. That act, featuring a pair of Ethiopian acrobats, salutes “Disney’s animated forests — and the mysterious creatures that inhabit them,” according to the announcement.

Aerialists in flying hoops will perform during an act known as “Dream of Colors” which already features a pair of trapeze artists on a suspended wheel. Because the wheel is at the back of the stage, the addition of the aerial hoops will bring the show closer to the audience during that scene, Paladie said.

The “Dream of Colors” act is an homage to ink and paint animation artists; the trapeze artists appear to “paint” colors while they perform.

Finally, the show-opening rhythmic gymnastics act, will be augmented with a guitarist who soars above the acrobats as they flip through the air.

New musical compositions will be incorporated into the show with the additional acts, as well."

Full article below.

TrainsOfDisney

Those are good additions - glad they are working on the show. The stilt walking was a solo when I saw the show and it was very underwhelming as an act. Icarian is usually very good so that will be a big improvement.

I think they are missing the problem with the color sequence - it’s not a trapeze act it’s a Russian cradle act. The cradle needs to be set up in the circle close to the audience and performed low enough that safeties aren’t required. The staging of that act takes away from the talent. If they did that and added the Lyra in the background - that would be cool.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Those are good additions - glad they are working on the show. The stilt walking was a solo when I saw the show and it was very underwhelming as an act. Icarian is usually very good so that will be a big improvement.

I think they are missing the problem with the color sequence - it’s not a trapeze act it’s a Russian cradle act. The cradle needs to be set up in the circle close to the audience and performed low enough that safeties aren’t required. The staging of that act takes away from the talent. If they did that and added the Lyra in the background - that would be cool.
The color sequence has other problems. The aerialist, even with the boost of being thrown into the air isn't doing more flips or twists than the other acrobatic acts. If it were an Olympic event, it would be characterized as "starting with a low point value."

The guys on the teeter totter do more difficult elements in a quicker tempo (no lulls) with some humor.

Putting two other aerialists in front of the color wheel is likely because audience polls show how underwhelming it is.

Can the big wheel and bring in more 'wheel' acts: Like the big rings the acrobat rides inside. A hula hoopist. Etc... Dress them up like an artist's palette with paint daubs and color the floor with projected colors.

JohnD

Some changes have come to Drawn to Life -

"New highflying acts have joined “Drawn to Life,” the Cirque du Soleil-Disney show at Walt Disney World, and Florida residents can buy discount tickets for a limited time to check out the changes.

An all-new acrobatic act, additional aerial artists and a ‘flying guitarist” are now part of the spectacular, which is performed Wednesday-Sunday at Disney Springs. The changes, and a spring discount on certain tickets, were announced Monday morning.

Only one act — a pair of stiltwalkers — has left the production, said Ann Paladie, director of public relations for Cirque du Soleil. The new additions primarily enhance existing scenes in “Drawn to Life,” which tells a sentimental and hopeful story of a little girl who uses animation to honor her late father, who was a Disney animator. By paying tribute to him, the legacy of Disney animation and the company’s beloved characters and movies also are honored.

The stiltwalkers have been replaced by a pair of performers performing what is known as “Icarian Games” — a series of acrobatic feats in which performers use their legs and feet to toss fellow acrobats in the air for flips, somersaults and other dramatic visuals. That act, featuring a pair of Ethiopian acrobats, salutes “Disney’s animated forests — and the mysterious creatures that inhabit them,” according to the announcement.

Aerialists in flying hoops will perform during an act known as “Dream of Colors” which already features a pair of trapeze artists on a suspended wheel. Because the wheel is at the back of the stage, the addition of the aerial hoops will bring the show closer to the audience during that scene, Paladie said.

The “Dream of Colors” act is an homage to ink and paint animation artists; the trapeze artists appear to “paint” colors while they perform.

Finally, the show-opening rhythmic gymnastics act, will be augmented with a guitarist who soars above the acrobats as they flip through the air.

New musical compositions will be incorporated into the show with the additional acts, as well."

Full article below.

Looking forward to it. Already bought my ticket for an April Sunday matinee so I guess too late to get a FR discount. I bought a Cat 2 at the regular rate. I'm not going to sweat the additional $10.

The discount is $10-$11 depending on Cat 3 or Cat 2 (Cat 3: $87 regular, $77 FR; Cat 2: $104 regular, $93 FR). "Offer is only valid on purchases made between February 22nd, 2023 to March 12th, 2023, only valid on seat category 2 and seat category 3, and only valid for performances of Drawn to Life taking place between February 22nd, 2023 to May 7th, 2023, subject to the Blockout Dates below." See link below.

Last edited:

the.dreamfinder

Did they ever end up printing a proper show program for Drawn to Life? When I went last March, they only had a folded, double sided poster with the crew details on the back of the poster.

TrainsOfDisney

The color sequence has other problems. The aerialist, even with the boost of being thrown into the air isn't doing more flips or twists than the other acrobatic acts. If it were an Olympic event, it would be characterized as "starting with a low point value."
You may have seen a more simplified version of the act (the Russian swings were a joke when I saw the show so it’s definitely possible) but the cradle act was very good and very impressive in my opinion. It was just staged extremely poorly.

scottb411

There have been some posts that Orando doesn’t do well with theater shows when Orlando is having a bit of a renaissance in theater with the Doctor Phillips Center in Downtown Orlando:

Advertisements for La Nouba were all over the place locally when it was running. I agree that the price is too high for circus acts that we’ve already seen before or something like it before. La Nouba had that great act where the acrobats climbed the wall that nobody had ever seen before. I haven’t seen anything from this show that would make we want to go. The only promotional material that I have seen are people dressed up as paint brushes talking to each other.
Replying to my own thread from last year, I just saw a much different advertisement for the show for the Florida resident discount that makes it look a lot more enticing to go with a juggler and Cinderella flying trapeze artists. Looks like a good show now that I am guessing includes some of the changes and updates and overall better advertising.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom