New Year's Eve 2017-2018 at Walt Disney World

disney4life2008

2j63a11.jpg
[/IMG] View attachment 253720

Honestly i think this year may have had more people than the last 2 years between mk and epcot

Minthorne

Just arrived at the Dolphin for 2 nights. Seems really busy on property - planning on Epcot - yeah fir walking to the park!!
The trick to a carefree, easy NYE at Epcot is to get a room at either Yacht Beach BoardWalk Swan Dolphin.

Makes for an incredibly easy getaway post fireworks.

Last night was a blast and walking back to the dolphin after Epcot fireworks was the best!

Minthorne

I still cant imagine why anyone would want to spend New Years in that mass of humanity that is Disney Parks on December 31st.

It was incredibly fun - spent a lot of time in Italy and America at the DJ parties. Met some wonderful people - but the key was being able to walk to and from Epcot from the hotel and being patient as you moved through the crowds. The CMs did a fantastic job.

disney4life2008

Because its absolutely an amazing time....at Epcot anyway. No way I could ever do NYE at the Magic Kingdom

I disagree. Epcot is way too much and overwhelming. I prefer magic Kingdom. By 1215am people are tired out. At epcot By 1215am, 50 year old woman and young people were screaming to the top of their lungs drunk. It was nice but dare I say magic Kingdom is more low key. I can't handle the 20 dj parties with the horrible music. But I don't like clubs to begin with so that's a another reason why I didn't like epcot.

wishiwere@wdw

I have been in the epcot parking lot for 90 minutes.
That’s a major bummer. We got lucky I guess because we started walking out with the crowd from over by Mexico right after the fireworks and went straight to the car in the Wonder lot. Actually managed to be out of the parking lot by 12:30 but it did look like it was a tough time getting out of the other parking lots.

monykalyn

Well NYE in Epcot was amazing. Have a couple new glow cubes to brin home lol(the cosmo bowls from France). Having a dinner reservation in Japan was perfect- caught the first show at 630 then checked in for dinner (and got to use relatively uncroweded bathroom). Also discover d that the bathrooms right outside IG are clean and no lines! Left my bag with hubs dashed out and back in no fuss.
Missed our early afternoon fastpasses so kept checking for others- managed to snag a FEA FP for 930pm. That ride is NOT worth more than a 3 minutes wait (first time we've been on it).

Slept in- the new beds at CSR are amazing!
Happy New Years!!

disney4life2008

That’s a major bummer. We got lucky I guess because we started walking out with the crowd from over by Mexico right after the fireworks and went straight to the car in the Wonder lot. Actually managed to be out of the parking lot by 12:30 but it did look like it was a tough time getting out of the other parking lots.

I was in explore. It was deadlock for about an hour. But it was a great night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom