Tomorrowland Terrace now open exclusively for Mobile Order

nickys

Premium Member
At Christmas I was expecting the order screens, but we just ordered at the registers. Thought it was a bit odd but never asked about it, mainly because we never really had much of a wait.

GlacierGlacier

I was at MK the other weekend and used Mobile Ordering the entire day. In every instance, I'd have my food in my hands before my friends who were in the regular queue even got to the register. It's wonderful.

MrPromey

Yes, sorry!

No problem! I was just checking because there had been some mention about a couple of other touch screen locations that seemed to be gone a ways back.

I wonder if, counter-intuitively, the touche screens cause problems at this location in busy seasons. It's a smaller spot and if I remember correctly, there were only two of them. What I don't recall at all is if we even had an optioni to bypas them. When traffic is light they may be able to go low on staffing between these, the kitchen and one person working a register for the final checkecout but when bussier, I could see smooenoe running into a problem backing up the whole system, sort of like someone getting a flat tire at one of the speakers in a McD's two-lane drive-through.

Would be interesting to see if they are back after the holidays this year.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Since you asked, maybe you can make my day a little better and clear something up for me.

I'm going to ignore the "offering every amenity" swipe since I think no reasonable person on earth would consider ordering and paying for fast-food in person some outlandish pandering luxury in normal context.but I wanted to make sure you don't think I missed what you tried to do there.

I totally get what you're talking about in terms of "Types of payment, entitlement recitations eliminated, queues, and Johnny/Janie Tourist whom cant decide exactly what they want to eat but are at the front of the line." but my question - and it's an honest one - is how do you not already get that today in every location that now offers mobile ordering as an option in addition to the "old" way?

From my experience, that's exactly how it already works.

I must be missing something but nobody who is disagreeing with me seems to want to point out what I'm missing. Instead, they all just keep describing how mobile ordering already works at all of the locations you can still order and pay in person at.

I assume you've used mobile ordering at some of the other places on property that offer it. How would this experience be enhanced beyond that for you?

Seperate DDP registers :)

MrPromey

Seperate DDP registers :)

You lost me. How does a location that offers no registers at all have separate DDP registers?

... Not that I think separate DDP registers wouldn't be a good thing... in fact, the beauty of that approach would be that nobody on either side of that split would know if they were the "lesser" or more "elite" crowd in that scenario unless they already had a decent understanding on how those plans impact the ordering process in a crowd situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom