Changes to private dining hours at Walt Disney World Resort hotels

GoofGoof

Premium Member
One can if one does it THEMSELVES
as opposed to the Waldorf where one calls the front desk says i'd like a car in 30 minutes, Car is charged to room and one tips the concierge on the way out to the waiting car.

It's the SERVICE which is lacking at WDW deluxe hotels.
Splitting hairs to me. Not a service I’d be worried about gaining or losing.

Tom P.

I'm using it as a exemplar, pool servers and towel staff have been gone from disney since Iger came on the scene
Do you seriously think that Bob Iger has anything to do with whether or not there are cast members on hand to take care of towels at the pools? Measures like that I would almost guarantee you come from some mid-level manager at the resort level who is trying to make their numbers look better and not from the CEO's office.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Do you seriously think that Bob Iger has anything to do with whether or not there are cast members on hand to take care of towels at the pools? Measures like that I would almost guarantee you come from some mid-level manager at the resort level who is trying to make their numbers look better and not from the CEO's office.

In corporate america CEO's have everything and nothing to do with moves like this, Firstly the CEO sets the standards for the company, I'ts why on 'Undercover Boss' CEO's are frequently horrified about how policies they set in the boardroom actually work in the real world.
Secondly CEO's set the financial goals. Like boost gross margin 25%, And its the latter which caused things like the pool servers to go buh-bye as middle and line management scrambled to meet the CEO's financial goals.

So back to the original point did Bob himself cut those services no, Did the fiscal policy he set cause those services to be cut yes they did.

So Bob had the ultimate responsibility for the loss of those services.

21stamps

In corporate america CEO's have everything and nothing to do with moves like this, Firstly the CEO sets the standards for the company, I'ts why on 'Undercover Boss' CEO's are frequently horrified about how policies they set in the boardroom actually work in the real world.
Secondly CEO's set the financial goals. Like boost gross margin 25%, And its the latter which caused things like the pool servers to go buh-bye as middle and line management scrambled to meet the CEO's financial goals.

So back to the original point did Bob himself cut those services no, Did the fiscal policy he set cause those services to be cut yes they did.

So Bob had the ultimate responsibility for the loss of those services.

When did Disney Resorts lay out your towels for you? I just don’t ever remember it.

I don’t know how a towel attendant vs a towel cabinet is a loss of service. Pools are accessed by magic bands now, so it’s not like they need a room number.

On a side note, I thought I was super picky and high maintenance at times.. but this thread makes me realize that I’m actually extremely laid back.lol.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Exactly as Disney loses the intangibles which made it well 'Disney' and management's attitudes cause a collapse in CM morale, we will see more behavior once seen only at Six Flags, Yes I've seen the entitled screaming at the hotel desk, I've also had major issues in my last few stays. The CM attitude was 'what do you want ME to do about it' me 'Fix it'. After calls do not resolve the issue I simply camp out in the lobby, just being there and periodically catching CM's eye. 'no im not leaving till issue fixed' but it sucked that myself and another member of party needed to stay behind to ensure issue got fixed. Where at any other hotel talk to desk once and you can be sure issue would be resolved when you returned.

So, was that you doing the entitled screaming? ;)

That relaxed experience is one of the things Disney has destroyed in their Ferengi like quest for ultimate profitability.

OBTW, Disney can't be "Ferengi-like" because they don't own the Star Trek property... yet... Suggest you use the "Trade Federation" as your ideal of corporate ruthlessness...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So, was that you doing the entitled screaming? ;)

OBTW, Disney can't be "Ferengi-like" because they don't own the Star Trek property... yet... Suggest you use the "Trade Federation" as your ideal of corporate ruthlessness...

Screaming just gets security called, Camping out at the desk gets action...eventually

Trade Federation was a military organization, Not a philosophy of doing business, Disney's current practices would make Gordon Gekko blush.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
When did Disney Resorts lay out your towels for you? I just don’t ever remember it.

I don’t know how a towel attendant vs a towel cabinet is a loss of service. Pools are accessed by magic bands now, so it’s not like they need a room number.

On a side note, I thought I was super picky and high maintenance at times.. but this thread makes me realize that I’m actually extremely laid back.lol.

If you don't understand the difference between a towel cabinet and towel SERVICE, I'd suggest you do not understand the concept of personal service and why in a high end property it's important.

That's what visiting over 30 years gets you, A sense of perspective and with Disney it's not how the experience has been systematically upgraded it's how it's been downgraded.

21stamps

If you don't understand the difference between a towel cabinet and towel SERVICE, I'd suggest you do not understand the concept of personal service and why in a high end property it's important.

That's what visiting over 30 years gets you, A sense of perspective and with Disney it's not how the experience has been systematically upgraded it's how it's been downgraded.

What years? I don’t ever remember it, and I’ve been staying at Poly since my first birthday. Admittedly I don’t pay that much attention.. so I may not remember it.

I’ve spent my life slummin’ it at Waldorfs, Four Seasons, Beaches, or comparable.. I must not be VIP enough for anyone to actually lay out my towel for me at any of them. No one has ever done that for me.

Tom P.

You know, it's just possible that there are some of us here who can afford to stay deluxe, who pay to stay deluxe, who enjoy staying deluxe, and who don't give a flip if there is towel service at the pools or think it matters whether Disney has it or not. Just saying.

jakeman

Cool! We'll have to see if we can do that next time we're down there.
Technically you can, but it's along the same line of "every zoo is a petting zoo if you're brave enough".

Below is a screenshot of Google maps. Blue lines mark where side walk stops, so you are literally walking along an access road (and then the very busy World Drive) between the blue lines.

upload_2017-11-8_8-17-44.png

I don't think there has ever been a sidewalk there, but I've never looked because walking that barren stretch of road never appealed to me. Give that it's @ford91exploder reporting that it can be done, I'm sure we will be regaled shortly about a sidewalk that used to be there that was torn up to keep ESPN afloat or some other such nonsense.

Pixieish

Technically you can, but it's along the same line of "every zoo is a petting zoo if you're brave enough".

Below is a screenshot of Google maps. Blue lines mark where side walk stops, so you are literally walking along an access road (and then the very busy World Drive) between the blue lines.

View attachment 242638

I don't think there has ever been a sidewalk there, but I've never looked because walking that barren stretch of road never appealed to me. Give that it's @ford91exploder reporting that it can be done, I'm sure we will be regaled shortly about a sidewalk that used to be there that was torn up to keep ESPN afloat or some other such nonsense.

I was looking at that and it just didn't look like a pleasant/intended way to get to MK. It's too bad they don't have a walkway that semi-hugs the water with a footbridge...I could see walking that in the morning just to enjoy the views.

jakeman

I was looking at that and it just didn't look like a pleasant/intended way to get to MK. It's too bad they don't have a walkway that semi-hugs the water with a footbridge...I could see walking that in the morning just to enjoy the views.
Oh I agree. If there was a sidewalk and something more interesting than traffic, it would be a neat way to occasionally get to MK.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It'd be easier if they'd just lay a big plexiglas tube under Seven Seas Lagoon between the TTC and MK's front gate so people could walk if they wanted to -- but there'd be no ROI from that, so it won't happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom