Disneyland races on hiatus beginning in 2018

Texas84

Does this mean we can expect the Anaheim races to return in the next year or so, as THIS HOTEL was the main reason rD gave for cancelling the DLR races? Or was the real reason one many of us suspected and why the hotel is now on "indefinite hold" - the bad relationship between TWDC and the City of Anaheim Commission.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/08/15/disneylands-new-upscale-hotel-put-on-hold-indefinitely/amp/

No chance of races in 2019, IMO. Great stuff from darkbeer1 on the DLR board.

RunningKoen

Been spending the last hours reading on the DLR board.

It's very intriguing, but a very, very sad situation.

Staying at the new hotel while doing a DL race the week after/before a WDW race was my ultimate bucket list thing, even more than doing Dopey. I'm gutted.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
After reading the last few pages of that thread, I was shaking my head. I cannot imagine the City of Orlando, Orange County or the State of Florida NOT trying to resolve a similar issue in Florida for a company that generates 30-40% of the annual visitors to the state. Why do you think Rick Scott, when announcing the prior year's tourism numbers, does it at...Walt Disney World?

RunningKoen

It looks like the elections early november will be the first part that determines the fate of the Disneyland Races.

In 2020, the city council will change again, if I understand the Anaheim politics correctly, so that will also be very important for the future of the Disneyland races.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
ugh....every time this thread gets bumped I'm hoping there is (good) news. Now that I'm a doing 2 rD events at WDW I really want to do them at DL. Please bring them back!!!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Heard at WDW Marathon weekend that DL races were coming back in 2020? Anyone else hear this?

Will they continue legacy runners?

Was that from runDisney staff? I don't believe the Anaheim politics have changed...the cancelled hotel construction being an example. While that cancelled project will no longer impact staging and start/finish areas, there's still the issue with obtaining permits from the City allowing races through City streets. I understand residents weren't happy to have their neighborhood roads closed.

Greenlawler

Was that from runDisney staff? I don't believe the Anaheim politics have changed...the cancelled hotel construction being an example. While that cancelled project will no longer impact staging and start/finish areas, there's still the issue with obtaining permits from the City allowing races through City streets. I understand residents weren't happy to have their neighborhood roads closed.

It was just some random dude with runDisney gear on in the coral. He seemed certain and talked like an "insider". I called him out and said some of the things discussed on the forums before, however this guy swore it was all taken care of and the races were "in fact" coming back. So I asked here......guess that guy was full of "kakah"

surfsupdon

I know I can go to California for anything...but I really like the runDisney aspect when compared to ‘just’ a Disney weekend.

The rest of SoCal is amazing regardless...but I want my runDisney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom