Avatar (the movie) and its Sequels

DCBaker

Premium Member
What about the Bluray? I'm hearing June 20th?

June 20 is correct!

"PEOPLE can exclusively reveal that the blockbuster sequel — which earned over $2 billion at the box office, becoming the third-highest grossing movie of all time — will become available on 4K UHD, Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD on June 20. The same day, the 2009 original Avatar will also be offered in 4K UHD for the first time."

doctornick

Someone was telling me the other day I am the only person they know or have ever heard of who saw Avatar 2
lol
The thing is that I think it might depend on your social circle. I actually thing it reflects the whole “nobody cares about Avatar” argument when the land was being built and the sequel was coming out - and that people don’t realize that there is a certain subset of folks that Avatar really did resonate with.

My basic point being that Avatar is actually quite well regarded and popular even if an individual doesn’t personally know anyone who is into it.

Ghost93

Thanks to AMC-A list, I saw Avatar: The Way of Water SIX times in the theater. That's way more than I've seen any other movie in the cinema, and I doubt I'll ever revisit a film that many times in the theater again. It just happened that I kept having different friends who wanted to see it and they always asked if I wanted to come. Since it was at no extra cost to me, I always was like "sure!"

It is strange how both Avatar movies made so much money and yet aren't talked about much. I think the movies are successful because they are immersive 3D experiences that provide 3 hours of escapism and a feeling of being transported to another world. That makes them must-see theatrical events, but it doesn't really translate to online chatter.

Phroobar

Thanks to AMC-A list, I saw Avatar: The Way of Water SIX times in the theater. That's way more than I've seen any other movie in the cinema, and I doubt I'll ever revisit a film that many times in the theater again. It just happened that I kept having different friends who wanted to see it and they always asked if I wanted to come. Since it was at no extra cost to me, I always was like "sure!"

It is strange how both Avatar movies made so much money and yet aren't talked about much. I think the movies are successful because they are immersive 3D experiences that provide 3 hours of escapism and a feeling of being transported to another world. That makes them must-see theatrical events, but it doesn't really translate to online chatter.
They are three hour theme park rides.

Phroobar

Movies about movies. Blockbusters as a celebration of the blockbuster.
They did that.

iu

Screamface

I think there always needs to be a distinction between, "talked about online"versus what happens in the real world. Online consensus on so many things is often far removed from what is discussed by people who don't waste there time reading forums and image boards.

Phroobar

I think there always needs to be a distinction between, "talked about online"versus what happens in the real world. Online consensus on so many things is often far removed from what is discussed by people who don't waste there time reading forums and image boards.
You got to wonder about the sanity of a person that will argue with everything posted no matter how wrong they are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom