New 'Ultimate Nights of Adventure VIP Tour' now available to book at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Biff215

If somebody has a very limited time to travel. Or possibly traveling during very busy times, and getting everything done is very important to them, I can see it's worth... Time is money... I know in 4 hours I'm not gonna have the time to go on dino, everest. Tour all of pandora, eat dinner and make it to ROL by 8....The pandora wait times make it impossible.

Look at the price of wild africa trek... $189 - $249 per person ... also extremely expensive. I have not met one person who has done this experience without raving about it and saying they would do it all over again.
But the Wild Africa Trek is a unique experience not already offered to all park guests. You're correct that this will save time, I just think it's very overpriced. This is clearly designed to capitalize on the popularity of Avatar and its limited FP availability.

jt04

But the Wild Africa Trek is a unique experience not already offered to all park guests. You're correct that this will save time, I just think it's very overpriced. This is clearly designed to capitalize on the popularity of Avatar and its limited FP availability.

If guests are willing to buy this or any tour of any price then it can't be overpriced. It can only be considered overpriced if not enough people sign up to meet profit expectations.

Economics 101.

Biff215

If guests are willing to buy this or any tour of any price then it can't be overpriced. It can only be considered overpriced if not enough people sign up to meet profit expectations.

Economics 101.
Overpriced IMO. Since this is very limited in size, they may actually find enough people willing to pony up the cash. Personally I hope guests use their common sense and steer clear, but to each their own.

I believe we continue to move into dangerous territory with ticket prices and FP as we have known it. We might not feel the effect until years from now, but it's a slippery slope I fear they're going headfirst down.

Sunset7132

LMAO!!! So, for $119 admission to park, plus $265.19 on top of that....... you can pretty much pay a ridiculous amount of money just to do everything you ALREADY CAN DO?! Bahahahaha Disney must know people are dumb if they created this one!!!! And then calling it an experience lol. $265 a person extra for a glorified fastpass?. Horrible
i hear you that is crazy

jt04

Overpriced IMO. Since this is very limited in size, they may actually find enough people willing to pony up the cash. Personally I hope guests use their common sense and steer clear, but to each their own.

I believe we continue to move into dangerous territory with ticket prices and FP as we have known it. We might not feel the effect until years from now, but it's a slippery slope I fear they're going headfirst down.

Calling it overpriced is not a correct use of the term. Saying you don't see value at that price is more appropriate. I have a hunch these tours could sell out. Which could mean they are under-priced.

Biff215

Which could mean they are under-priced.
Or that there are simply enough people with money to burn. There are only 75 slots per week if they keep it to one group a day, so selling out doesn't show much about its value really. Let's see how long it lasts at this price.

matt9112

don't mean to thread jack but is the FOP allocation 50%?

potzie

Shhh, you just gave away what is hopefully my plan for my AK day in November ;)

On Friday we showed up at 4:30pm, rode Navi River (standby), 5:10 FP for FoP, then 6:40 FP for Safari, then rode Expedition Everest by 8:15pm on standby, then our Fp for Rivers of Light. Between FoP and Safari stopped at Starbucks and had a drink. We skipped Rivers of Light as it was raining and went and rode FoP again. According to this, I saved $265 and got to ride FoP twice.

RSoxNo1

On Friday we showed up at 4:30pm, rode Navi River (standby), 5:10 FP for FoP, then 6:40 FP for Safari, then rode Expedition Everest by 8:15pm on standby, then our Fp for Rivers of Light. Between FoP and Safari stopped at Starbucks and had a drink. We skipped Rivers of Light as it was raining and went and rode FoP again. According to this, I saved $265 and got to ride FoP twice.
I assume you did stay on property though in order to get the FoP Fastpass. Not that it's the only reason to stay on property, but it helped.

jt04

Sounds like the tour will be a lot more than just the attractions. Four and a half hours is what I read.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If it was unlimited rides on Flights of Passage, the greatest attraction in the world, I'd pay the price :hilarious:

Find nine like-minded people to split the cost and do a 10-person Private VIP Tour. Then, for an average of $360, you can ride FoP as many times as the FastPass lane will allow in 7 hours.

upload_2017-9-7_2-9-28.png

AEfx

Calling it overpriced is not a correct use of the term. Saying you don't see value at that price is more appropriate. I have a hunch these tours could sell out. Which could mean they are under-priced.

I'll take that bet.

People are stupid about Star Wars, so they can pretty much price that whatever they please and people will pay it.

Especially with this recurring frequency - this is going to be one of those failures that quietly gets shuttered. Probably changed to fewer offering days at first, until it just disappears.

A family of 4 is going to spend nearly $1100 plus park admission for four hours in AK with absolutely nothing unique or special. I have a hard time believing that people that could afford that would be willing to spend that kind of dough - because if they are the types that wasted their money like that, they wouldn't be able to afford it in the first place.

Even those with "limited time" - in that case, you are talking over $1500 since you'd have to buy tickets anyway. There are not enough people on earth who care about Avatar that much to make that work, much less enough wealthy people that will be duped into it. If time is so limited, anyone who isn't ridiculously wealthy, without severe cognition issues, is going to say "well, that's half the price of a Disney vacation to begin with, let's just go when we have more time".

Again, I hate to say it - they could get away with this with Star Wars. There are swaths of people out there who abhor WDW and Disney in general who will be compelled to come, and I could see them just paying through the nose to see exactly what they want to see and leave. But when Avatar is the central theme? This isn't going to last long. If you've got this kind of money to throw down, you are likely the type who can just afford a guided personal VIP tour to begin with.

AEfx

Sounds like the tour will be a lot more than just the attractions. Four and a half hours is what I read.

Where do you get that idea? When you add in the group walking time, the attractions included, that 4ish hours is pretty much going to be a rush tour to begin with.

AEfx

We've been on that slope for awhile now...we are in the middle stage, IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom