Flamingo Crossing Retail Center

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
http://www.growthspotter.com/news/r...y-retail-and-hotels-plans-20170828-story.html

upload_2017-8-29_12-44-2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Can someone help me understand this? The area is not in Walt Disney World, but Disney owns the property?

I am not sure if they will technically consider it part of "Disney World" or not, but it's on the edge of the propery and is part of the Reedy Creek Improvement District. Some of the land has been sold to other companies to build third party hotels, two of which are already open. Based on this article, Disney is going to retain control of the rest of it and bring in third parties stores, restaurants and hotels. They actually started this project back in 2007 but it stalled for many years.

upload_2017-8-29_12-58-30.png

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Wonder if Disney will make this accessible via Disney Transportation... I know it's not very "Disney" to say this, but sometimes, while staying on property, I think how nice it might be to have Chipotle or Panera without having to get an Uber and go off property...

tissandtully

Wonder if Disney will make this accessible via Disney Transportation... I know it's not very "Disney" to say this, but sometimes, while staying on property, I think how nice it might be to have Chipotle or Panera without having to get an Uber and go off property...
Not a chance for regular transport, maybe the Minnie Vans for pay.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Nothing is impossible, but I doubt it. The whole point of this area was to really be "not Disney" while Disney still collected the rent checks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom