ADVISORY: Disney making adjustments for Solar Eclipse on Monday!

Jedi Stitch

So many, so little time
"Why isn't Sonny Eclipse outside MCing this"
"why don't they put that poler film stuff on the dome"
"Why dont they drap a huge solar film stuff over castle court yard court yard"
"Oh, it getting dark, is the truman show dome setting, ao they have a morning MNSHP"
"So when the fire works"
"Are they going to charge me for an extra day on my MB"

DisneyCane

John park hopper

I happen to live in Mcclellanville SC pop 500 its one of the last towns in the US where you will be able to see the eclipse. Just went to the local post office and their doing special eclipse stamps and cancelled envelopes. The influx of people is incredible road through the town(blink and you miss it) feel like I'm in WDW so many people, just amazing. Those in WDW have a great day and enjoy the eclipse

Disney4family

We just watched it up here on Long Island with special glasses. Cool to see. My neighbor just thought a cloud passed over the sun briefly.

TimeTrip

Just watched the peak from Orlando. Still mighty bright out. Not sure why Disney planned the way they did... Nothing would have needed nighttime lighting... Closing Tom Sawyer would also be unnecessary.

Attached a pic of the eclipse at peak of my hand-based pinhole camera's shadow. You can see how bright the ground still was :)

Attachments

• IMG_20170821_144014.jpg
    IMG_20170821_144014.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

Meeko77

Just watched the peak from Orlando. Still mighty bright out. Not sure why Disney planned the way they did... Nothing would have needed nighttime lighting... Closing Tom Sawyer would also be unnecessary.

Attached a pic of the eclipse at peak of my hand-based pinhole camera's shadow. You can see how bright the ground still was :)

I agree - I was near downtown Orlando today, and it only got slightly darker outside (as if you were wearing sunglasses). I wonder if they opted to keep the DAK trails open at least?

DocMcHulk

The following for informational purposes only.
On Monday, Aug. 21, a solar eclipse will be seen across the United States from coast to coast. During the eclipse, the moon will pass in between the Earth and the sun, causing a shadow on Earth. This rare, natural event is expected to be visible in the Central Florida area from approximately 1:15-4:30 p.m. For this reason, select attractions located across the Walt Disney World Resort may be temporarily unavailable due to low visibility.
I dont see why this was needed. I am in northern IL, and we had 87% obstruction of the sun, and barely noticed a difference between that and a cloudy day. Heck, I was driving with my sun glasses on. As best as I can tell, Orlando was at about the same amount.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom