News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

OG Runner

It still is very archaic when you are dining in a restaurant in space. It's sort of an oxymoron.

Just to understand, how is that an oxymoron. Jumbo Shrimp is an oxymoron. There used
to be a joke of Military Intelligence being an oxymoron. How is dining at this restaurant
an oxymoron?

Den Carter

Has anyone who's not a resort guest ever bagged a reservation for this place? I check for ADRs almost daily and in over a year never once managed to book anything 60 days out

DCLcruiser

Has anyone who's not a resort guest ever bagged a reservation for this place? I check for ADRs almost daily and in over a year never once managed to book anything 60 days out
I couldn’t at all as an off property guest. I paid for mousewatcher.com and eventually got a lounge reservation and then finally, closer to my day, the restaurant. It’s cheap and they must have sent me 30 texts over a few months. Get the text, click it, pray, get it. Then you can keep waiting for a better time etc.

Den Carter

I couldn’t at all as an off property guest. I paid for mousewatcher.com and eventually got a lounge reservation and then finally, closer to my day, the restaurant. It’s cheap and they must have sent me 30 texts over a few months. Get the text, click it, pray, get it. Then you can keep waiting for a better time etc.
Thank you, never knew about that site

DCLcruiser

Another option, and it's free, is touring plans reservation finder. Just need an account, but not a paid subscription to use it. From Len Testa who is a poster here, so good people.
I used TP for it also, and it wasn't good. In the same period, I got 1 text message (vs 30 or so from MW). Clicked it, it went to the general search page for Dining. MW sent me almost daily texts, which linked directly into the dining system for that specific reservation. Allowing me to get a reservation in seconds, vs minutes. It was worth the $15 or whatever for MW.

UNCgolf

They were just keeping the Future World pavilion restaurant tradition alive. Coral Reef is hidden back in a corner too and I bet a significant number of visitors have no idea it's even there.

Considering they're not trying to attract walk-up diners, it probably doesn't really matter.

As an aside, I just looked at the Coral Reef menu and it's awful. Not only is the menu too small -- 6 entree choices isn't enough -- but only having two fish options for a supposed seafood restaurant is pretty bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom