News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

BaconPancakes

I'm not sure that's true. Nearly everything I've read from people who have actually been to it has been wildly positive. Even on this forum several people have said they'd love to go back and do it again if they could afford to.

It seems like the price point is a problem because it's so expensive (there really aren't that many families who can afford to spend $5k on two nights); not because the experience itself is lacking.

I personally don't think the interior looks good at all in photos, and it's not an experience I'm interested in, but I don't think we can just assume they didn't develop a great concept when word of mouth seems to say otherwise.
And those people were Disney "Influencers" who got to experience it free of charge.

yensidtlaw1969

I'm not sure that's true. Nearly everything I've read from people who have actually been to it has been wildly positive. Even on this forum several people have said they'd love to go back and do it again if they could afford to.

It seems like the price point is a problem because it's so expensive (there really aren't that many families who can afford to spend $5k on two nights); not because the experience itself is lacking.

I personally don't think the interior looks good at all in photos, and it's not an experience I'm interested in, but I don't think we can just assume they didn't develop a great concept when word of mouth seems to say otherwise.
I think if you re-read my post you might see you're making my point for me.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And those people were Disney "Influencers" who got to experience it free of charge.
Not true.

Only some were. And that was only for one cruise.

That vast majority of positive reviews posted in this thread are from people who paid.

And some of those free-loaders went back on their own dime because they have a policy of not reviewing something they didn't pay for themselves.

UNCgolf

I think if you re-read my post you might see you're making my point for me.

I'm not.

Your post focused on execution -- that the Starcruiser was poorly designed and the experience itself is bad. That's apparently not the case, regardless of how you or I might personally feel about how it looks. People who have been seem to think the execution is excellent and actually have said things along the lines of "it's worth every penny".

I think we're arriving at the same conclusion (or at least a similar one), but the overall point is different.

EDIT: To clarify further -- I think the price point is the problem, but it's a problem separate from the execution. Even if everyone agreed that the execution was absolutely perfect, the price point would still be too high. There just aren't enough people who are A. big enough Star Wars fans (or potentially themed experience fans in general, but if someone hates Star Wars they likely still wouldn't care about this) to be interested, who B. want a LARP experience (because there are plenty of people who do not want this) and C. can afford the price.

Last edited:

corran horn

Not true.

Only some were. And that was only for one cruise.

That vast majority of positive reviews posted in this thread are from people who paid.

And some of those free-loaders went back on their own dime because they have a policy of not reviewing something they didn't pay for themselves.
I mean I'd like to be an influencer and get the money we paid back - I promise I'll still say I enjoyed it! :D

BaconPancakes

Completely untrue.
Season 6 Episode 21 GIF by The Simpsons

mergatroid

I finally met someone who has been on the Starcruiser. His wife and two kids. He said it was by far the best thing about their recent trip to Disney world. Said the performers and attention to detail was top notch.
The problem doesn't seem to be entertaining and satisfying guests that visit, indeed a very high percentage of them appear to love the experience. The issue seems to be the numbers of current guests aren't sufficient enough to satisfy Disney's profit margins. Disney have to shoulder much of the blame due not only to the pricing, but the advertising of this experience originally.

Unfortunately from the commercial they hid so much that the whole experience really didn't get across very well and that first impression stuck. You only have to look on here to see there's people whose only knowledge of it is what they glimpsed from the commercial and the subsequent backlash of negativity that brought, who believe that nobody likes it and that it offers next to nothing other than bingo and dancing. If you take any time at all to research it and watch videos of it, you'll see why it's loved so much by so many who've been. Sadly many won't do that (which is fair enough) and yet come on here talking about how awful it is purely based on these preconceptions, perpetuating the myth that it's not an enjoyable experience.

corran horn

The problem doesn't seem to be entertaining and satisfying guests that visit, indeed a very high percentage of them appear to love the experience. The issue seems to be the numbers of current guests aren't sufficient enough to satisfy Disney's profit margins. Disney have to shoulder much of the blame due not only to the pricing, but the advertising of this experience originally.

Unfortunately from the commercial they hid so much that the whole experience really didn't get across very well and that first impression stuck. You only have to look on here to see there's people whose only knowledge of it is what they glimpsed from the commercial and the subsequent backlash of negativity that brought, who believe that nobody likes it and that it offers next to nothing other than bingo and dancing. If you take any time at all to research it and watch videos of it, you'll see why it's loved so much by so many who've been. Sadly many won't do that (which is fair enough) and yet come on here talking about how awful it is purely based on these preconceptions, perpetuating the myth that it's not an enjoyable experience.
It's objectively very expensive. Full stop.

Now is it expensive because it cost so much to build out so they're spreading that expense to 'early adopters'? Is it expensive because its operational costs are so high? Or is it expensive because they're greedy?

It's probably all three. But the cost has not been helpful to this experience at all.

MagicHappens1971

Exhibit A of why most people have zero interest in this entire concept: Being locked in a small space with that guy for two nights and three days.
You're not "locked" in a small space for two nights and three days.

Just approximate times of everything below:
Day 1: 1pm boarding time
Day 1: Dinner (5:30p/8p)
Day 1: ~10:30p activities/entertainment ends

Day 2: First shuttle to Batuu @ 8am
Day 2: Have Breakfast/Lunch either on ship from 7a-11a and then 11a-4p or have your meals on Batuu
Day 2: Last Shuttle to Batuu @ 4pm
Day 2: In between dinners you will have 2 different story moments in one of the rooms
Day 2: Dinner (5:30p/8p)
Day 2: Finale ~9:20p
Day 2: Dessert Party @ 10p

Day 3: Depart 8am-10a

You're also free to go downstairs and get some air, the ship itself isn't small in comparison to how small the capacity is. You never really feel crowded except at big story moments, like Muster, Acoustically Gaya and the Finale.

note2001

You're not "locked" in a small space for two nights and three days.

Just approximate times of everything below:
Day 1: 1pm boarding time
Day 1: Dinner (5:30p/8p)
Day 1: ~10:30p activities/entertainment ends

Day 2: First shuttle to Batuu @ 8am
Day 2: Have Breakfast/Lunch either on ship from 7a-11a and then 11a-4p or have your meals on Batuu
Day 2: Last Shuttle to Batuu @ 4pm
Day 2: In between dinners you will have 2 different story moments in one of the rooms
Day 2: Dinner (5:30p/8p)
Day 2: Finale ~9:20p
Day 2: Dessert Party @ 10p

Day 3: Depart 8am-10a

You're also free to go downstairs and get some air, the ship itself isn't small in comparison to how small the capacity is. You never really feel crowded except at big story moments, like Muster, Acoustically Gaya and the Finale.
Has Disney made the excursion over to Batuu worth it? Last I saw it was not much more than extended games on the app. For the price paid per hour I'd expect most folk would not want to leave the "ship" just to walk around a place they already have APs to.

Leaving, even to get some air, just to escape an annoying guest is counter to what should be done which is Disney should pull aside the over-privileged jerk and tell them to quit it or be ejected into space, no refunds.

MagicHappens1971

Has Disney made the excursion over to Batuu worth it? Last I saw it was not much more than extended games on the app. For the price paid per hour I'd expect most folk would not want to leave the "ship" just to walk around a place they already have APs to.

Leaving, even to get some air, just to escape an annoying guest is counter to what should be done which is Disney should pull aside the over-privileged jerk and tell them to quit it or be ejected into space, no refunds.
Most don’t have APs, that’s not the clientele Starcruiser is attracting.

The Batuu excursion includes additional missions that lead up to on board story events, as well as LLs for Smugglers & RotR. Also includes a quick service meal voucher for each member of the party, those 21+ also get a free alcoholic drink.

Nothing going on during the Batuu excursion, there’s some light events from 1p-4p but the characters (entertainment) doesnt start back up until around 2-2:30

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom