Pixar film festival refurb?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Agreed. The Film Festival is still the cheapest, least exciting thing they could have put in that space but the shorts themselves are quality, and seeing them in 3D isn't exactly something everyone can do at home. I wouldn't recommend the attraction to someone unless they were exhausted and wanted someplace to sit down in, but it's not a bad experience itself.
I was as skeptical as anybody when they announced this "attraction" originally, and hadn't intended to give it a viewing at all. But I had one of those hot days when I was tired, and really enjoyed it. The 3-D is great and the in-theater effects really add to the experience. With Disney quickly updating it, they are finally doing what should be done with filmed stuff in the parks -- relatively frequent upgrades/changes. My only complaint with the attraction now is that it's in the wrong park. Put it in the Animation Courtyard at DHS (perhaps in place of VOTLM, which is showing its age, or in the OMD preview theater), show a rotating group of 3-4 shorts and you've got a quality long-term attraction.

Jeff456

HISTA was woefully outdated and has run its course, in my ever-so-humble opinion.

With that being said, Pixar Short Film Festival is a poor fit for Epcot (at best). The entire pavilion needs to be rethought.

I agree it was outdated but as you've said as well it fits the theme of the pavilion... I think it would be better than the short film festival or shorts that have already been shown before recent films anyway... If they were originals maybe I would feel different. It's a shame the pavilions overall theme is being lost even if it is outdated.

Castle Cake Apologist

I agree it was outdated but as you've said as well it fits the theme of the pavilion... I think it would be better than the short film festival or shorts that have already been shown before recent films anyway... If they were originals maybe I would feel different. It's a shame the pavilions overall theme is being lost even if it is outdated.

I agree, at least HISTA provided a consistent theme for the pavillion. It's very sad (and more than a little telling) that the imagination pavilion of all things is in such sad shape. It should be the flagship pavilion for the entire company.

Tavernacle12

I'm curious what the two new shorts would be. They could go IP and put the newish Frozen and Inside Out shorts there but the better option would be to pick more imaginative shorts like La Luna.

brb1006

The album version is so lame compared to the actual film's. There's this wonderful soaring synth quality to the film that goes well with the film's dreamy scope. The album just sounds like people singing along to elevator muzak.
I agree, the bit from 3:20 - 5:15 is really mesmerizing to lesson to. In fact the entire music for the original show is good. I can't be the only person who really wished they had the soaring synth music from the original part of a WDW album.

PorterRedkey

Get a Horse is some of the best 3D I have ever seen! I hadn't been it the theater since the original EO, so I had to take my glasses off to see if there was really a stage.

The other original shorts were great, but not really enhanced much by 3D, especially after Get a Horse. However, La Luna is a personal fave. I hope this new update includes other films that will benefit from the use of 3D, better than the previous two films.

Princess Leia

Since the theater had previously been used for 4D shows (at least, I'm pretty sure HISTA was 4D), do the short films use the full capability of the theater as well? Or are they only 3D?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom