Pixar film festival refurb?

*Q*

I would generally agree about the silliness of watching cartoon shorts in the theater at the park when you can just watch them at home on YouTube... but that Get a Horse short was made for the 3-D theater. It just isn't anywhere near as cool or as fun watching it in 2-D on your phone or computer monitor. It's like if you were to watch Honey, I Shrunk the Audience or Muppet*Vision on YouTube.

Tavernacle12

I would generally agree about the silliness of watching cartoon shorts in the theater at the park when you can just watch them at home on YouTube... but that Get a Horse short was made for the 3-D theater. It just isn't anywhere near as cool or as fun watching it in 2-D on your phone or computer monitor. It's like if you were to watch Honey, I Shrunk the Audience or Muppet*Vision on YouTube.

Agreed. The Film Festival is still the cheapest, least exciting thing they could have put in that space but the shorts themselves are quality, and seeing them in 3D isn't exactly something everyone can do at home. I wouldn't recommend the attraction to someone unless they were exhausted and wanted someplace to sit down in, but it's not a bad experience itself.

Lora Baines Bradley

I haven't been able to experience this yet (forgot about it last trip) and while I would MUCH rather have something in the spirit of EPCOT Center, it isn't the worst thing they could have stuck in there. I missed seeing Get A Horse! on the big screen, and I would love to see it in a theater. I think it would be a much better fit in Hollywood Studios, but I digress.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I haven't been able to experience this yet (forgot about it last trip) and while I would MUCH rather have something in the spirit of EPCOT Center, it isn't the worst thing they could have stuck in there. I missed seeing Get A Horse! on the big screen, and I would love to see it in a theater. I think it would be a much better fit in Hollywood Studios, but I digress.

OMG! Get A Horse is the best 3D ever! And, such a good MM short, too.

Castle Cake Apologist

Disappointing that it is being confirmed that it's just two new shorts... Would have liked to have seen HISTA not that that was ever likely...

HISTA was woefully outdated and has run its course, in my ever-so-humble opinion.

With that being said, Pixar Short Film Festival is a poor fit for Epcot (at best). The entire pavilion needs to be rethought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom