WDW To Enforce FP+ Rules

JoeCamel

buy shoes or go to universal they legit let my son on everything (he was close but still under stick) never got checked once. Disney is like the height nazis. I have literally seen a child get admitted (on PW) to go back later in the day and get told there not talk enough. (in this case the child touched the stick but just barely) I might catch flak here but close enough i think is ok if its not riding alone and good parenting is still a thing. my son was too short for gringotts yet there he was riding it and guess what? my arm was across him the entire time because I'm not a jambronee.

edit: also have had my son be tall enough at check number one but not number two or attraction one but not attraction two eith the same height requirement. really gets your blood boiling TBH.
Sure, do everything to circumvent the height limits put in place by the engineers that designed the ride and put your child at risk. What do they know - I want my princess to ride! Sheesh, just wait a year!

matt9112

Sure, do everything to circumvent the height limits put in place by the engineers that designed the ride and put your child at risk. What do they know - I want my princess to ride! Sheesh, just wait a year!

lol were talking about quarters of an inch here. if a quarter of an inch is the difference between life and death than that poor engineering. but I know for a fact height minimums are conservative on purpose to be as safe as possible.

freediverdude

So basically now you're allowed to delete one person off the fp and then try to add another person instead of changing party? So I'm guessing that doesn't guarantee availability then.

Tom Morrow

lol were talking about quarters of an inch here. if a quarter of an inch is the difference between life and death than that poor engineering. but I know for a fact height minimums are conservative on purpose to be as safe as possible.
The truth is that yes, the height requirements are several inches above what is safe... but they have to draw the line somewhere, and also have to have wiggle room for kids who slip by. From a legal standpoint though, they have to enforce the height requirement.

Last edited:

The Mom

Premium Member
There is always someone who is going to be close to a cut-off line - be it height, age, or even how many weeks pregnant you may be. And there are always going to be people who are going to try to slide by - after all, "what difference does an inch, a month, a week, really make?"
But if it didn't make any difference, there would not be any cut-off. Just because you, or others, have ignored certain rules without any consequences (or have found a way to circumvent them without being caught) doesn't mean that will always be the case. The fact that others have gotten away with ignoring the rules doesn't mean that you can or should. As Jiminy Cricket would say, "Always let your conscience be your guide." Not anyone else.

Minnesota disney fan

There is always someone who is going to be close to a cut-off line - be it height, age, or even how many weeks pregnant you may be. And there are always going to be people who are going to try to slide by - after all, "what difference does an inch, a month, a week, really make?"
But if it didn't make any difference, there would not be any cut-off. Just because you, or others, have ignored certain rules without any consequences (or have found a way to circumvent them without being caught) doesn't mean that will always be the case. The fact that others have gotten away with ignoring the rules doesn't mean that you can or should. As Jiminy Cricket would say, "Always let your conscience be your guide." Not anyone else.

I agree. At Universal when the new HP ride came to IOA, my granddaughter had to be measured at least 3 times at each stop! I was hoping that she would not make it as she was not too sure of it herself. I was afraid that she would cry through the whole thing, but she wanted to try it and barely squeaked in. She did okay, but doesn't want to ride it again.
I was probably the only one who wanted her to fail the height test. She was measured and remeasured so many times, I really thought she would not be allowed to ride. It worked out this time, but all the measuring made me nervous.

EOD K9

Problem is, if Universal or Disney knowingly allowed someone under the height requirement to squeak by, and somehow the child was injured; there would be a major lawsuit. Not that it doesn't happen now, but imagine the backlash that Disney should have done more.

CaptainAmerica

What are you guys even talking about? Are you talking to me? When did I ever say I wanted to get around rules to get someone under the height requirement on a ride? Let me check... Oh, I didn't.

CaptainAmerica

Are you drunk?
Go look at who I quoted
I will take my apology here and now in writing.
Bahahaha my bad. I must have whoever you quoted on my ignore list and the mobile site doesn't give you the option to "show ignored content." It doesn't even show me that you quoted anyone.

SmartSelectImage_2018-04-08-21-40-10.png

I apologize.

larandtra

Whether you know for a fact or not they "pad" the height requirements, it is still irresponsible as a parent to find any way to "cheat" the height requirements. It is unsafe and if you do it knowingly and your child gets hurt, its on you then. No matter how many lawsuits you file. Pretty black and white no matter how many "excuses" you want to make. You can try to validate it all day long. but, there are no excuses for putting your child at risk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom