Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

999th Happy Haunt

Not sarcastic at all. Jungle Cruise is one of the worst (if not THE worst) attractions ever created by Walt. It was poorly executed from the start, primarily due to the fact that Walt spent way too much money on this attraction. Even Walt realized by the 1960's that the true life (i.e. serious) version of the Jungle Cruise did not work. It was corny and very boring.

Walt brought Marc Davis in and he put comedic visuals in the attraction and the skippers began to ad lib funny one liners. And then the skipper scripts were changed to include the best of the jokes. The attraction evolved over time to change it from dull and boring to funny, dull and boring.

But, of course, most skippers are just not talented enough. They don't have the sense of timing needed to present comedic material. Therefore, for the most part the ride is still dull, boring and excruciatingly painful when skippers without the needed talent attempt to be funny. However, sometimes they do have a few skippers that know how to punch up the material they're given and they can really do a good job and rock the boat.

On one of my trips to WDW, I had a tour guide on Kilimanjaro Safaris that performed his spiel as if he were a Jungle Cruise skipper. It was hilarious! His comedic timing was perfect and it was the best time I've ever had on Kilimanjaro Safaris. And, by the same token, I have had a few Jungle Cruise skippers that knew how to present the material. Of course, when a CM is this good, they soon realize they're wasting their time working for Disney doing attraction spiels and they move on.

So what does one do with a ride that is boring, dull and full of negative racial stereotypes? You do exactly what TWDC did. Admit the mistakes, apologize and get rid of the offensive content. Then take a sure fire movie star and make your dull, boring and without redeeming merit ride into an adventure movie. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has single-handedly saved the Jungle Cruise!

Now if Disney could only find a star that could similarly save the Tiki Room, CBJ and CoP.
I honestly can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not.

Is that you in your profile pic “Phil”? 🤨

Touchdown

Add Jungle Cruise to G+ disasters, here’s how load works here:
1. Handicap boat takes 15 min to unload, backing everything up
2. G+ goes phase 4 and standby line doesn’t move
3. G+ line empties out, back to normal loading for 2 boats
4. Handicap boat returns resetting the cycle

peter11435

Add Jungle Cruise to G+ disasters, here’s how load works here:
1. Handicap boat takes 15 min to unload, backing everything up
2. G+ goes phase 4 and standby line doesn’t move
3. G+ line empties out, back to normal loading for 2 boats
4. Handicap boat returns resetting the cycle
1. It doesn’t take 15 minutes
2. There is no phase 4

That said what you describe is an issue and is an issue at all attractions. However it’s not different or worse with Genie+ than it was with Fastpass+.

Touchdown

1. It doesn’t take 15 minutes
2. There is no phase 4

That said what you describe is an issue and is an issue at all attractions. However it’s not different or worse with Genie+ than it was with Fastpass+.
Well it was whatever is one party of 4 or less from standby on a boat with everyone else being LL.

Magic Feather

Jungle Cruise is fast to load/unload in Tokyo, despite it being mostly a mirror image of the Florida version.

Is it because they can load more than one boat at once? I can't remember.

Different guests
Tokyo loads in twos and has a much more structured load process (unlike WDW where you could be pre-merge and still make it onto the boat). They also have seat cushions!

That said, I’ve always wondered why WDW never added a second Load area, unlike DL they do have the room to pull it off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom