Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

celluloid

How? There's no way to make every leg look like it's on the log with that current design; something would be floating no matter what. Either the frog figures would have to change or the log would have to change.

If you're saying the positioning could be adjusted so the floating wouldn't be quite as bad, I agree with that. I'm pretty sure they would only fit properly with no floating at all on a completely flat surface, though.

I think your second part is most important. Well, an attempt would be a start.

Rearrange the log, tighten the frogs and placement and then add moss/foliage.

Maybe they are not animated, but a tongue snapping in and out like a tiny rolled up party blower and sound effect from hidden speaker in log of flies buzzing and getting snatched would have been a nice compromise.

It is so interesting that this is the same company that brags on park design tech and how DISH and model making has digitally evolved to better complete projects that can catch all details, but a little time and care for the installation are what are ultimately important.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
How? There's no way to make every leg look like it's on the log with that current design; something would be floating no matter what. Either the frog figures would have to change or the log would have to change.

If you're saying the positioning could be adjusted so the floating wouldn't be quite as bad, I agree with that. I'm pretty sure they would only fit properly with no floating at all on a completely flat surface, though.
They literally just have to lean it with the angle of the log. Just like the other frog they did. This really isn’t that hard lol.

UNCgolf

They literally just have to lean it with the angle of the log. Just like the other frog they did. This really isn’t that hard lol.

But both frogs are floating -- that was my point. The figures aren't designed to sit on a curved surface. Part of them are going to be floating no matter what.

UNCgolf

I think you're talking about something different than the original complaint. It wasn't that they were floating above the log (although one of them is) it's that the legs aren't all touching the log. That's the case for both frogs, even the one that looks better. And there's no way to avoid that with the design.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I think you're talking about something different than the original complaint. It wasn't that they were floating above the log (although one of them is) it's that the legs aren't all touching the log. That's the case for both frogs, even the one that looks better. And there's no way to avoid that with the design.
You’re the expert! 👍🏻

Phil12

So the original Marc Davis animated frogs didn't meet show standards and were removed and now they have decades later been replaced with non moving stock frogs that were not even custom made to fit the show environment?
This is a good example of how the Bob's have come up with a terrific way to save some money. After all, these frogs do not really need the meticulous design, build and care that more important AA's need. Getting high dollar imagineers involved in such a project is a huge waste of money and resources. Their talents are needed on far more important projects.

Even people with no art or design talent can handle this simple frog job. Part of the charm of the Jungle Cruise is that everything is obviously fake. The guests are smart enough to know that the backside of water is the high point of the entire attraction. And let's face it. What Disney should have done is put Prince Naveen in Jungle Cruise to get some cross IP action going.

Also, finding giant frogs is not such an easy task. Whoever on the Disney maintenance crew that found these frogs should be given a raise.

1635472415550.png

GimpYancIent

This is a good example of how the Bob's have come up with a terrific way to save some money. After all, these frogs do not really need the meticulous design, build and care that more important AA's need. Getting high dollar imagineers involved in such a project is a huge waste of money and resources. Their talents are needed on far more important projects.

Even people with no art or design talent can handle this simple frog job. Part of the charm of the Jungle Cruise is that everything is obviously fake. The guests are smart enough to know that the backside of water is the high point of the entire attraction. And let's face it. What Disney should have done is put Prince Naveen in Jungle Cruise to get some cross IP action going.

Also, finding giant frogs is not such an easy task. Whoever on the Disney maintenance crew that found these frogs should be given a raise.

View attachment 596633
?

Phil12

It's called sarcasm...
Not sarcastic at all. Jungle Cruise is one of the worst (if not THE worst) attractions ever created by Walt. It was poorly executed from the start, primarily due to the fact that Walt spent way too much money on this attraction. Even Walt realized by the 1960's that the true life (i.e. serious) version of the Jungle Cruise did not work. It was corny and very boring.

Walt brought Marc Davis in and he put comedic visuals in the attraction and the skippers began to ad lib funny one liners. And then the skipper scripts were changed to include the best of the jokes. The attraction evolved over time to change it from dull and boring to funny, dull and boring.

But, of course, most skippers are just not talented enough. They don't have the sense of timing needed to present comedic material. Therefore, for the most part the ride is still dull, boring and excruciatingly painful when skippers without the needed talent attempt to be funny. However, sometimes they do have a few skippers that know how to punch up the material they're given and they can really do a good job and rock the boat.

On one of my trips to WDW, I had a tour guide on Kilimanjaro Safaris that performed his spiel as if he were a Jungle Cruise skipper. It was hilarious! His comedic timing was perfect and it was the best time I've ever had on Kilimanjaro Safaris. And, by the same token, I have had a few Jungle Cruise skippers that knew how to present the material. Of course, when a CM is this good, they soon realize they're wasting their time working for Disney doing attraction spiels and they move on.

So what does one do with a ride that is boring, dull and full of negative racial stereotypes? You do exactly what TWDC did. Admit the mistakes, apologize and get rid of the offensive content. Then take a sure fire movie star and make your dull, boring and without redeeming merit ride into an adventure movie. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has single-handedly saved the Jungle Cruise!

Now if Disney could only find a star that could similarly save the Tiki Room, CBJ and CoP.

ImperfectPixie

Not sarcastic at all. Jungle Cruise is one of the worst (if not THE worst) attractions ever created by Walt. It was poorly executed from the start, primarily due to the fact that Walt spent way too much money on this attraction. Even Walt realized by the 1960's that the true life (i.e. serious) version of the Jungle Cruise did not work. It was corny and very boring.

Walt brought Marc Davis in and he put comedic visuals in the attraction and the skippers began to ad lib funny one liners. And then the skipper scripts were changed to include the best of the jokes. The attraction evolved over time to change it from dull and boring to funny, dull and boring.

But, of course, most skippers are just not talented enough. They don't have the sense of timing needed to present comedic material. Therefore, for the most part the ride is still dull, boring and excruciatingly painful when skippers without the needed talent attempt to be funny. However, sometimes they do have a few skippers that know how to punch up the material they're given and they can really do a good job and rock the boat.

On one of my trips to WDW, I had a tour guide on Kilimanjaro Safaris that performed his spiel as if he were a Jungle Cruise skipper. It was hilarious! His comedic timing was perfect and it was the best time I've ever had on Kilimanjaro Safaris. And, by the same token, I have had a few Jungle Cruise skippers that knew how to present the material. Of course, when a CM is this good, they soon realize they're wasting their time working for Disney doing attraction spiels and they move on.

So what does one do with a ride that is boring, dull and full of negative racial stereotypes? You do exactly what TWDC did. Admit the mistakes, apologize and get rid of the offensive content. Then take a sure fire movie star and make your dull, boring and without redeeming merit ride into an adventure movie. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has single-handedly saved the Jungle Cruise!

Now if Disney could only find a star that could similarly save the Tiki Room, CBJ and CoP.
This is nothing but your opinion. Don't speak as if it's fact.

GimpYancIent

Hmmm sounds like Disney executive pandering to a certain twitter squeaky wheel group.

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

Hmmm sounds like Disney executive pandering to a certain twitter squeaky wheel group.

So what does one do with something that is boring, dull and not redeemed by humor?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom