Incredibles Super Dance Party to end April 30th

Kman101

At least they're doing something in the evening at MK .... LOL. They could use some night entertainment. It's only from 5-10 at night. Personally I spend the least amount of time in Tomorrowland, apart from Carousel and PeopleMover. I don't do Buzz, Monsters, Astro or Space Mountain anymore. I'll do Space Mountain again when it gets the refurb it deserves and needs.

Kman101

They had a perfectly good theater... But, the higher-ups said screw that we need to place for our cars to be parked up close becuase we don't wanna walk...Let's tear this waste of space down. Surely the guest won't mind...
1180w-600h_a-to-z-galaxy-palace-theater.jpg

Much better and out of the way, with seating. I really hate the stage they built in the middle of Tomorrowland. Terrible eyesore.

Cmdr_Crimson

I have to ask this, the hate is so strong towards these things..

Do people severely dislike them because they interrupt their time sitting on a bench in Tomorrowland?

Do they inflict pain on people while walking past the party and into Space Mountain?

Do kids and parents laughing and dancing bother you?

I'm extremely curious because they just don't have an impact on us unless we're actually joining in.

It's just the Location IMO...Again if they had kept the Galaxy Palace theater this would have had no problems...It was off the beaten path away from the majority of the attractions and it would have been great there...But, then they realize it was big mistake to remove it...

Let's be greatful it wasn't this Monstrosity....
DSC00435.JPG

21stamps

It's just the Location IMO...Again if they had kept the Galaxy Palace theater this would have had no problems...It was off the beaten path away from the majority of the attractions and it would have been great there...But, then they realize it was big mistake to remove it...

Let's be greatful it wasn't this Monstrosity....
DSC00435.JPG

That's horrible. It looks like something you see on a downtown riverfront.lol

I'm the same person who spent 2.5 days at MK before even noticing the infamous cabanas.. so unless something is like the photo above, I just don't really pay attention or let it bother me.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't care, it's not the same as seeing it in person. I'm sorry but hearing loud music coming from a dance party while the attraction is going on really takes you out of the moment. Doesn't help that dance parties at TL really drowns out the area music.

Will someone please answer that phone!!!

discos

I know this has nothing to do with these dance parties but after posting my above post I went to YouTube to look up the old theatre and man, the live band and live principal singers were great. It's a shame that Disney doesn't still use live singers for their daily shows in WDW. It seems like other parks still do (Disneyland's Magical Map, and Tokyo's Minnie Oh Minnie are two that popped into my head right away)

peter11435

I know this has nothing to do with these dance parties but after posting my above post I went to YouTube to look up the old theatre and man, the live band and live principal singers were great. It's a shame that Disney doesn't still use live singers for their daily shows in WDW. It seems like other parks still do (Disneyland's Magical Map, and Tokyo's Minnie Oh Minnie are two that popped into my head right away)
Many shows do still use live singers. Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo, Beaty and the Beast, voyage of the The Little Mermaid and a few others all utilize live singers.

discos

Many shows do still use live singers. Festival of the Lion King, Finding Nemo, Beaty and the Beast, voyage of the The Little Mermaid and a few others all utilize live singers.
Obviously those do, yes, but I'm talking about shows similar in nature to the "castle show" format.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Obviously those do, yes, but I'm talking about shows similar in nature to the "castle show" format.

It depends. The Friendship Faire is all recorded. Elena's welcome is live singing. The Halloween and Christmas party shows have live singers (the Sanderson Sisters, the two human hosts) while everything else is recorded. Almost always the dancers' part is recorded and they're lip syncing.

brb1006

Here's one of the more notable ones at MK

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I get it. You hate music and dancing in the MK.
Luckily, there's more than just Tomorrowland open while a dance party full of people having some non fast pass fun is going on.
Wow! That's not what he said at all.

He said that he would like to hear the dialogue and music of CoP while actually in CoP, rather than the discordant thumping of modern music intruding from the inappropriately located stage next door.

It is jarring to hear PitBull pounding, rather than John expounding upon the virtues of sasparilla.

And oh yeah, you can watch PitBull on YouTube too.

IanDLBZF

I've noticed this at MK, Chip'n'Dale are both shown on MDE to be meeting at both their old and new locations in MK. Can anyone confirm this or is this just a glitch?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom