STK Orlando now offers brunch, including The Ultimate Brunch For Two

jaklgreen

If you think it's just NYC and Chicago, you need to get out more.... If the local places you are talking about don't dry age at least 60 days, I wont even consider it good... Sorry.... If it's not great grass fed beef, I wont consider it either... If you want real beef only Japan A5 is the only option... I don't think you get that in Iowa.... If it's just your mid west prime steak, please with that stuff.... Stop...

Ok, for the last time, my point is not EVERY SINGLE great steak house with aged, prime steak uses the concept of you only get the steak with no sides on the plate, and that all of the sides come ala carte. That is my point. Putting a damn baked potato on the plate does not automatically mean that the steak is e and not "high end". You guys act as if putting something else on the plate contaminates the steak or something. I was saying that at a location like WDW, a "high end" steak house like STK will most likely struggle because of that concept. You are at a family vacation spot with tons of different food options. So if changing the concept and putting a side with the steak brings in more people, then why would they not do that? It is all about perceived value. I am not saying that many "high end" steak houses use this concept only the fact that it is possible to have a high end great quality steak somewhere else. I never compared them to Outback or anywhere like that. That is all you guys being over the top argumentative, as usual.

Hockey89

Ok, for the last time, my point is not EVERY SINGLE great steak house with aged, prime steak uses the concept of you only get the steak with no sides on the plate, and that all of the sides come ala carte. That is my point. Putting a damn baked potato on the plate does not automatically mean that the steak is ****e and not "high end". You guys act as if putting something else on the plate contaminates the steak or something. I was saying that at a location like WDW, a "high end" steak house like STK will most likely struggle because of that concept. You are at a family vacation spot with tons of different food options. So if changing the concept and putting a side with the steak brings in more people, then why would they not do that? It is all about perceived value. I am not saying that many "high end" steak houses use this concept only the fact that it is possible to have a high end great quality steak somewhere else. I never compared them to Outback or anywhere like that. That is all you guys being over the top argumentative, as usual.
No, I just think your clueless and everybody called you out... Pretty simple stuff.

jaklgreen

No, I just think your clueless and everybody called you out... Pretty simple stuff.

I think that was unnecessary and nasty. Just because you refuse to except the possibility that there are all types of restaurants out there and not just what you have seen, does not mean that I am wrong. The whole "high end" steakhouse that serves sides separate is a concept. Does not mean that they are the only ones that serve a great steak. I don't understand why people like you, that instead of having a valid counter point, have to just make a rude comment. That's fine for all of you who want to go around believing that the ONLY place to get a great steak is your high end, sides sold separate concept. More fool you.

Last edited by a moderator:

drwadadli

Depends on the Veuve Clicquot. A regular bottle of Yellow Label goes for $30-60, but La Grande Dame goes for about $150. They don't specify which this is, so I'd assume Yellow Label.

ETA: I just checked their website and it is Yellow Label.
At Morton's and Ruth's Chris (which are roughly the same caliber), the Yellow Label goes for $105

drwadadli

OUTBACK IS THE BEST STEAKHOUSE AND HAS THE BEST SELECTION

when they're closed.
REALLYY???? You have gotten to be joking. They are overpriced chain restaurant from the '80's that have all lost their edge and not kept up with the times....similar TGIF, Ruby Tuesday, Applebees, Chili's

Otterhead

That's fine for all of you who want to go around believing that the ONLY place to get a great steak is your high end, sides sold separate concept. More fool you.
Nobody is saying that. Nobody.

They're saying that there are two different kinds of restaurants we're talking about here. There's steakhouses -- often excellent ones -- which serve very good cuts of beef that nearly always come with a potato, salad, side dish, etc. Those are the ones you're talking about. I've had terrific dinners at these places.

Then there's what are known as "high end" steakhouses, which serve things like dry-aged cuts of beef, wagyu/kobe beef, and grass-fed locally sourced beef. These places nearly always serve a steak by itself as the centerpiece of a meal, usually with a popover or some kind of bread, and offer things like a wedge salad, creamed spinach, etc as a la carte sides made for sharing. They cater to a 'fine dining' (often, business) crowd, typically charge $50-$70 for a steak, and are a completely separate category from the sorts of places you're talking about.

Now, if what you're saying is "yes, I know what a high end steakhouse is, but they need to give me a baked potato for free or I'll be mad!" then, well, I dunno what to tell you, but you're likely better off grilling your own steak at home.

njDizFan

I was always under the impression that high end steakhouse are always a la carte, that is just their thing. Morton's and the like...and having been to quite a few that has always been my experience.

Well out of boredom I just went to the Guyot site and put in the 10 best steakhouses in the country. And yes all but 2 were ala carte but there are a few that are not. St. Elmo's http://www.stelmos.com/menu/dinner-dessert/ in Indianapolis for example gives you

"Includes navy bean soup or tomato juice & choice of baked potato, fresh-cut fries, redskin mashed potatoes or sauteed green beans."

So I guess there are some out there. But the vast majority this is the expected norm, pay for your meat then add on your sides.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I tried but nothing comes up

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 5.25.55 PM.png

jaklgreen

I was always under the impression that high end steakhouse are always a la carte, that is just their thing. Morton's and the like...and having been to quite a few that has always been my experience.

Well out of boredom I just went to the Guyot site and put in the 10 best steakhouses in the country. And yes all but 2 were ala carte but there are a few that are not. St. Elmo's http://www.stelmos.com/menu/dinner-dessert/ in Indianapolis for example gives you

"Includes navy bean soup or tomato juice & choice of baked potato, fresh-cut fries, redskin mashed potatoes or sauteed green beans."

So I guess there are some out there. But the vast majority this is the expected norm, pay for your meat then add on your sides.

Yes, Thank you. There are great steak houses out there that serve high quality steaks with a side. That is what I was saying but others were so adamant to the point of extreme nastiness, that there is no way that could be true. My original point was that there are plenty of places at/near WDW that serve a great steak with sides that I can see why STK is not doing so well. It is all about what people think is a good value for what they get.

JimW

Premium Member
If you want real beef only Japan A5 is the only option..
Honestly, if you think that the "only option" is the best, priciest beef in the world, I feel bad for you. I assume that you hold this standard to everything in your life. That's a recipe for a truly sad existence.

Obviously you don't hold the same standard for your grammar as your do for your beef. Perhaps you need to get some A5 English lessons, as that is the only option.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Honestly, if you think that the "only option" is the best, priciest beef in the world, I feel bad for you. I assume that you hold this standard to everything in your life. That's a recipe for a truly sad existence.

On the bright side, it's only $100/lb for fresh A5 Tenderloin roast at Costco.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom