The Music of Pixar Live! coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios this summer

Bolt

That's quite a bit of seats. Wonder if they're filling it with packages, and if they don't, will they allow other guests to fill in?
Similar to Eat to the Beat I assume. They let people fill in at show time since the window typically closes at least 10 minutes prior to showtime.

JeffBostock

I attended this with my DS8 on Monday. We both enjoyed it but my son was ready to leave at about 35 minutes through the show. I didn't argue with him and felt 45 mins was a tad bit too long. Overall though, I was pleased with the show and enjoyed having seat cushions in Theater of the Stars. Also liked seeing Carl Frederickson from Up! Disney just emailed me a survey. I added the show to "my plans" on MDE so that's how they knew I may have gone to the show. Looks like they are considering offering similar type of performances based on the survey.

We got to the theater with only a few minutes to spare because we park hopped from AK and went on a few rides at DHS before the show started. There were plenty of seats available. I was slightly worried it would be a packed house when we got there but opted to not do a dining package because we had an ADR for 50's Prime Time which wasn't a dining package option. Also I figured the typical theme park guest wouldn't be interested in a live orchestra, as most go to ride the rides.

JeffBostock

I attended this with my DS8 on Monday. We both enjoyed it but my son was ready to leave at about 35 minutes through the show. I didn't argue with him and felt 45 mins was a tad bit too long. Overall though, I was pleased with the show and enjoyed having seat cushions in Theater of the Stars. Also liked seeing Carl Frederickson from Up! Disney just emailed me a survey. I added the show to "my plans" on MDE so that's how they knew I may have gone to the show. Looks like they are considering offering similar type of performances based on the survey.

We got to the theater with only a few minutes to spare because we park hopped from AK and went on a few rides at DHS before the show started. There were plenty of seats available. I was slightly worried it would be a packed house when we got there but opted to not do a dining package because we had an ADR for 50's Prime Time which wasn't a dining package option. Also I figured the typical theme park guest wouldn't be interested in a live orchestra, as most go to ride the rides.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    197.3 KB · Views: 176
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 171
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 177

Daveeeeed

It was noted on these forums in the new MK Christmas Stage Show... they really need to get articulated heads (i.e., mouths) for the Toy Story characters.

This looks like fun and worth doing, but, it does showcase the shallowness of the Pixar musical pool. A lot of unmemorable soundtracks with very few stand outs.
The Pixar score & soundtrack is out of this world. From the Toy Story's The Cleaner to the overall score of Ratatouille. It's top notch stuff.

Pixar's use of music to convey emotion like in Inside Out, or Up is phenomenal. Pair that with there being a great story.

I think those who don't think of Pixar as having great music just haven't listened.

Last edited:

AndrewsJ

Many in the orchestra will need to be in Epcot for the Candlelight Processional so I doubt it extends much later than August. IMO Injust can't imagine purchasing a dining package just to get reserved seats to this show. I love orchestral music and adore the Pixar soundtracks but I just don't see the need for reserved seating. Just book a regular ADR and then see the show. I don't think there will be much of an issue getting in. But that's just me.

mhaftman7

We were just there a week ago. We had Fantasmic Dining Package and they gave us this show too! It was great. Kids loved it. Army men were hilarious. Nice to see The Incredibles too.

Lora Baines Bradley

I will humbly disagree. If you actually listen to them separately from the movies, they are quite beautiful. Just because they aren't catchy does mean they aren't worth listening to. Try "Define Dancing" from Wall-E or "The Cleaner" from Toy Story 2. Lots of great stuff to listen to.

To add onto this: the Inside Out score is terrific as well!

Lora Baines Bradley

I doubt I will be able to experience this, but I hope! If they were to do another orchestra experience like this, I would lose my marbles if they did Kingdom Hearts. WDW has pretty much denied the series exists save for that weird M&G in 2007. Ah well, I can dream...

TeriofTerror

Will they keep this around through the fall/winter? Especially with GMR going down next month, it would be nice to keep around.
A friend of mine is a show runner on this. He thinks it's going to be replaced with a Star Wars show, and the musicians will be reutilized for holiday events later in the year. I think it closes the last Sunday in August (but I may be misremembering).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom