PHOTOS - Disneybounding comes to Walt Disney World with The Dress Shop

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm seeing on other boards that the dress inventory is almost completely wiped out with no word as to when it will be replenished. Can anyone verify (or better yet rebut) this?
Thanks!
Yes I head from someone who was there yesterday, the store is basically stripped bare, even the display mannequins. A lot of bags have been brought in to fill the space, but it looks like they are expecting stock to be gone for sometime, as they have removed all of the artwork and stories of each design.

TeriofTerror

Yes I head from someone who was there yesterday, the store is basically stripped bare, even the display mannequins. A lot of bags have been brought in to fill the space, but it looks like they are expecting stock to be gone for sometime, as they have removed all of the artwork and stories of each design.
Thank you for the information, but man, that bites. I'm glad to know so I won't have my hopes up, though.

Princess Leia

That seems like really poor planning? Considering how popular Dapper Day is, you would have thought that they would have had more dresses created.

Princess Leia

Unfortunately, it looks like people bought the dresses in the Dress Shop, and immediately took to ebay to sell them at a higher price :( :mad::arghh:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Disney-...091586?hash=item3f7b17b7c2:g:RIAAAOSw42JZAkoz

According to someone on DisBoards, the only dresses in the store yesterday were HM sizes 2XL and 3XL, one ToT dress 3XL and Minnie 1XL, 2XL, 3XL.

Idk what Disney's plan is going forward. They'll obviously be competing with ebay and Amazon, but they really need to get some dresses on their online store. That might help fight the resales.

Last edited:

TeriofTerror

Unfortunately, it looks like people bought the dresses in the Dress Shop, and immediately took to ebay to sell them at a higher price :( :mad::arghh:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Disney-...091586?hash=item3f7b17b7c2:g:RIAAAOSw42JZAkoz

According to someone on DisBoards, the only dresses in the store yesterday were HM sizes 2XL and 3XL, one ToT dress 3XL and Minnie 1XL, 2XL, 3XL.

Idk what Disney's plan is going forward. They'll obviously be competing with ebay and Amazon, but they really need to get some dresses on their online store. That might help fight the resales.
I've also seen some Disney fan sites offering them at about a 50% markup. I'm a little irked that Disney is allowing this to happen. Disney routinely limits the pieces of merchandise that you can purchase (to prevent this exact scenario), so why aren't they doing it here?

*Q*

But John Stamos does it. End of conversation.

John-Stamos-Disneybound-as-Nick-Wilde.jpg

Screenshot-from-2017-03-07-16-01-15.png

14852616_john-stamos-is-disneybounding-and-its_t63b8634c.png

1054182-a.jpg

The only over-the-top attention seeking one is the last one.
Now THAT is the way to Disneybound!

Figment82

I'd settle for more well designed polos and plain shirts that one can wear out of the part and not look like a tourist.

My husband literally lives in those polo shirts with the small Mickey embroidered on the chest. He claims they're the most comfortable polos out there. Unfortunately, over the years, they've become extremely limited in their color selection, or even availability in general. So I definitely agree with you! We recently found one with R2-D2 instead of Mickey, which is awesome. I know my husband would be thrilled if they continued going down that route with more options.

anchorman314

I'd settle for more well designed polos and plain shirts that one can wear out of the part and not look like a tourist.
They also need to make fewer activewear polos and more business casual polos. I can't stand the look/feel of the 'active' polos. There was a Grumpy one a few years ago (Grumpy icon instead of Mickey), but by the time I knew it existed, it was almost complexly sold out, and I couldn't get my size.

Princess Leia

I went to the Dress Shop in November, and this really needs to be in its own building. It was a little disorganized in places (there was a massive pile of clothes in the dressing room), but I loved the selection of clothes (I bought the Pirates dress).

Disney is missing out on the male market though. There could easily be corresponding choices for men (or anyone who wants to wear a suit) to go with the skirts and dresses.

MarkTwain

I went to the Dress Shop in November, and this really needs to be in its own building. It was a little disorganized in places (there was a massive pile of clothes in the dressing room), but I loved the selection of clothes (I bought the Pirates dress).

Disney is missing out on the male market though. There could easily be corresponding choices for men (or anyone who wants to wear a suit) to go with the skirts and dresses.

I've thought that a lot about the mini-stores in the Co-op Marketplace... Many of them really deserve full store locations, like the Disneybound shop or 28 & Main. I think people would be a lot more enthusiastic for the Town Center area if there were less mall-type stores, and more individual storefronts for those kind of niche Disney products. I think it says a lot that the most crowded area in Disney Springs still seems to be the World of Disney area.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom