ABC's The View to broadcast from Disney's Animal Kingdom

brb1006

Back in the day, WGN's Bozo Show would promote Walt Disney World with "Take a Vacation with Bozo". They did a broadcast from in front of Splash Mountain.

This is done often with various sitcom families taking a vacation as well. Full House, Family Matters, others : https://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalin...o-disney-world?utm_term=.dn6oBlqxP#.fv3xv8ENw
Have those episodes of Bozo at WDW available online?

I came across this article
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1992-01-14/news/9201140431_1_walt-disney-disney-world-bozo-show

JohnD

I wish ABC brought back The Wonderful World Of Disney being aired during Friday nights (I could be wrong but didn't it used to air primetime on Friday or sometime during the weekends) since it actually felt special.

I always thought that The Disney Channel or Disney XD could do that. Instead it's a lot of teen stuff, which I'm sure gets a lot of ratings. But I wish there were more nostalgic programming like WWOD. They could schedule that stuff for the evening hours.

brb1006

I always thought that The Disney Channel or Disney XD could do that. Instead it's a lot of teen stuff, which I'm sure gets a lot of ratings. But I wish there were more nostalgic programming like WWOD. They could schedule that stuff for the evening hours.
At least Disney XD would be a perfect channel to do this since it's not filled with teen sitcoms but unfortunately not everybody has access to that channel.

Sir_Cliff

I think you're arguing for the sake of arguing. I don't recall saying The View would use it's entire show but ABC, being owned by Disney, has vehicles to promote Disney parks. It's no different than The Chew broadcasting from Epcot during F&W Festival.
I think s/he was responding to the people who complained that The View still talked about politics when broadcasting from WDW because people like to pretend the real world doesn't exist when they visit Disney. Tony made the pretty reasonable point that it would have been counterproductive to turn the show into an explicit Disney informercial for the week.

WDW1974

I only DVRed it this week to see park updates and Pandora previews. The first 15min were "Hot Topics" which was pretty much a daily whine and complaint-fest about politics. I'm just left of center but people go to WDW to escape politics and reality - I was hoping The View would do the same.

They are in the middle of The Happiest Place on Earth and that segment just didn't "fit" this week. I was hoping they'd give that a break while at WDW but no luck. Thankfully I can hit fast forward to avoid the whining and get to the part where Whoopi is wide eyed and in awe of Pandora - that's the stuff we want to see!

I saw all of Monday's show and pieces of today and from what I saw it was obvious that they toned down the political stuff. ... I really don't need to see Whoopi (always Califia to me!) faking enthusiasm for Pandora.

FWIW, Disney used ABC all week. I left the TV on in the family room last night and came back about 12:45 and ABC was on. Just as I was about to put James Corden on CBS on they said the next story was on Pandora and showed the reporter walking with James Cameron and Joe Rohde ...so I watched the report. It was all PR.

So, they have whored the project on GMA in early morning, The View in late morning and Nightline in late night.

Rteetz

I saw all of Monday's show and pieces of today and from what I saw it was obvious that they toned down the political stuff. ... I really don't need to see Whoopi (always Califia to me!) faking enthusiasm for Pandora.

FWIW, Disney used ABC all week. I left the TV on in the family room last night and came back about 12:45 and ABC was on. Just as I was about to put James Corden on CBS on they said the next story was on Pandora and showed the reporter walking with James Cameron and Joe Rohde ...so I watched the report. It was all PR.

So, they have whored the project on GMA in early morning, The View in late morning and Nightline in late night.
And showcased a Pandora food item on the chew.

No Name

It's also called advertising. Universal did the same when they "whored" both WWHoP lands on NBC. Walt kind of "whored" his new rides too.

It would be terribly foolish of Disney (or any company) not to use their resources to promote something they've sunk a billion dollars into. That's something I would criticize them for... for NOT advertising.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

It's also called advertising. Universal did the same when they "whored" both WWHoP lands on NBC. Walt kind of "whored" his new rides too.

It would be terribly foolish of Disney (or any company) not to use their resources to promote something they've sunk a billion dollars into. That's something I would criticize them for... NOT advertising.

Like this for example...They did an entire TV Special on the opening of The Living Seas....This special....Had Musical Numbers in it....Nothing is more confusing than this..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom