Cirque's La Nouba Closing?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

http://www.cirquespotlight.com/comment/10553#comment-10553

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/2000478-daniel-lamarre-cuando-un-argentino-qu...

Google translate of Q and A with Daniel Lamarre:

"There, besides Las Vegas, they have another show in Orlando that finishes the 31 of December and to which many Argentineans go. Do you have a new one planned at that Disney Springs theater?

-Yes, definitely. We are ending negotiations with Walt Disney driving now and we are going to have a new show.

"Could there be some Disney artists on the show?"

-This is what we are thinking now, and we are only in the preliminary phase, as here we do a tribute to Soda Stereo, there we want to make a tribute to the animation."

I am Timmy

We saw the show on Dec. 22nd - absolutely stunning (as usual), but not a full theater. It did not deter from the excellent performances, however, and the gift shop was swarmed afterwards as people bought up everything in sight of La Nouba. We bought a couple of T shirts , ourselves. This show is so amazing, so sad it's ending. But, excited to see the next new innovation they come up with!

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Thread Bump Warning: Sorry to thread Bump....

I didn't want to start a new thread, did a search and found this as the most recent. Is there any update on a new show? Seems odd to close it and now it's September with no mention of a replacement, but of course, it is Disney;)

I recently saw Cirque's road show on ice : Crystal and was blown away. In fact, I heavily thought about going again the next day but didn't want to shell out the small mortgage for a family of four. Seeing Crystal and not seeing La Nouba kinda made me eager to see a show return to Disney Springs.

Again sorry to bump, but I was curious of any developments.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)

I didn't want to start a new thread, did a search and found this as the most recent. Is there any update on a new show? Seems odd to close it and now it's September with no mention of a replacement, but of course, it is Disney;)

I recently saw Cirque's road show on ice : Crystal and was blown away. In fact, I heavily thought about going again the next day but didn't want to shell out the small mortgage for a family of four. Seeing Crystal and not seeing La Nouba kinda made me eager to see a show return to Disney Springs.

Cirque is indeed still working on a brand new exclusive show collaborating with Disney that will feature Disney Animation last I heard. Cirque shows take a long time to create, then train performers, and remodel venue to specs needed for the new resident show. If I would guess I think it won’t open until late 2019. So maybe we will see a new update beginning of 2019 or not until D23 Expo 2019 maybe they are waiting to make the latest announcement.
Oh and I have seen Crystal in October 2017 here where it debuted in my home town Lafayette, LA and yes it was awesome! All Cirque shows I have been to are always amazing! I have been to La Nouba, Crystal, Ovo, Toruk, Michael Jackson touring version (can’t remember name), and latest one I saw was Corteo. So I can’t wait for the new show at Disney World. ;)

Last edited:

EOD K9

Cirque is indeed still working on a brand new exclusive show collaborating with Disney that will feature Disney Animation last I heard. Cirque shows take a long time to create, then train performers, and remodel venue to specs needed for the new resident show
So, in the meantime, why cant we use that space for a festival or meet and greet?
Sarcasm

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Last I heard on this was that it was in development difficulties.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Rumor’s that Luzia, a Grand Chapiteau show, after a stop in Houston, will be making a long term residency at Disney Springs in 2019.

No Cirque even stated themselves they are making an all new show so doubt they will put an existing show there after making that statement. :)

halltd

The pendular pole act in Crystal, though! So awesome! And the chairs, and trapeze, and that finale hand to hand, and, and, and, OMG it was so good!

Go see it when it comes to your town!

WDWTank

Cirque is indeed still working on a brand new exclusive show collaborating with Disney that will feature Disney Animation last I heard. Cirque shows take a long time to create, then train performers, and remodel venue to specs needed for the new resident show. If I would guess I think it won’t open until late 2019. So maybe we will see a new update beginning of 2019 or not until D23 Expo 2019 maybe they are waiting to make the latest announcement.
Oh and I have seen Crystal in October 2017 here where it debuted in my home town Lafayette, LA and yes it was awesome! All Cirque shows I have been to are always amazing! I have been to La Nouba, Crystal, Ovo, Toruk, Michael Jackson touring version (can’t remember name), and latest one I saw was Corteo. So I can’t wait for the new show at Disney World. ;)
Michael Jackson’s This is It?

culturenthrills

The pendular pole act in Crystal, though! So awesome! And the chairs, and trapeze, and that finale hand to hand, and, and, and, OMG it was so good!

Go see it when it comes to your town!

We were blown away by Crystal. Didn't know how well Cirque was gonna translate on ice but they made it work. The acts, skating, story, set and lighting design were top notch. The last three Cirque shows I have seen(Kurios, Volta and Crystal) are the best shows I have seen Cirque create in years. And I have seen 13 different Cirque productions.

halltd

We were blown away by Crystal. Didn't know how well Cirque was gonna translate on ice but they made it work. The acts, skating, story, set and lighting design were top notch. The last three Cirque shows I have seen(Kurios, Volta and Crystal) are the best shows I have seen Cirque create in years. And I have seen 13 different Cirque productions.
I felt the same about Cirque on ice, but was also blown away. Definitely see Luzia. It’s also amazing...especially for a big top.

I really hope the rumors are true that Luzia is coming to Orlando so I can see it several more times. I also cannot wait for the show to reopen at Disney Springs. It being closed in a hole in my being. :)

Thelazer

I'd have to guess that Cirq's "Style" and trying to please Disney's "character integrity" is hitting some major hiccups along the way.
BUT, I will say.. they managed to make a great show using the Beetles... so who knows.. I'll hope for the best here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom