Passholder Lines

Kman101

So then what harm does it do to offer it? A cast member isn't going to want to argue and lose their job because a customer couldn't use the special line. I'm not surprised they can't enforce it. What are they going to do physically block someone and call a manager over who takes the customers side and lets them in? I agree they should be enforced but not surprised it isn't happening. It's very hit and miss.

IanDLBZF

We got ours at guest services on our first visit with the new pass.
Correct. New APs will get the card.
Renewing APs IDK if they get I card, but when I linked my renewal AP to my MDE account, I was able to customize my new MagicBand and it did come in the mail. So I was able to load my renewed AP onto my MB, I still have the card from when I activated my AP back in February 2016.

As far as the AP entrances go, I was able to use it at Epcot! Wasn't too bad, pretty quick (that was a weekday, mind you). I was told that the AP entrances get busy on weekends!

Luxe

So then what harm does it do to offer it? A cast member isn't going to want to argue and lose their job because a customer couldn't use the special line. I'm not surprised they can't enforce it. What are they going to do physically block someone and call a manager over who takes the customers side and lets them in? I agree they should be enforced but not surprised it isn't happening. It's very hit and miss.
Enforcing it can simply be audibly letting the guests know that it is for annual pass holders only. No one is suggesting arguing with anyone. Simply letting people know that it is meant for annual pass holders only would defer a significant amount of people.

Jones14

Enforcing it can simply be audibly letting the guests know that it is for annual pass holders only. No one is suggesting arguing with anyone. Simply letting people know that it is meant for annual pass holders only would defer a significant amount of people.
Obviously there's no way to know if this happens every singe time, but every trip I've had to Disney (and I'm local, so it's been at least ten times) since December they've asked if we were Annual Passholders as we walked up. So there's not true enforcement, but there is at least reinforcement that the line is not for everyone's use.

Luxe

Obviously there's no way to know if this happens every singe time, but every trip I've had to Disney (and I'm local, so it's been at least ten times) since December they've asked if we were Annual Passholders as we walked up. So there's not true enforcement, but there is at least reinforcement that the line is not for everyone's use.
I used the line for all of December and early January and only AK was reinforcing the AP from what I saw. It's clear that the issue is consistency.

Tony the Tigger

We had the same experience a few days ago, and I caught myself waving my magic band around as we walked up, as if that would indicate that I am a passholder by sight LOL.

shipley731

We went to Epcot this past Sunday & used the passholder line. The had a CM scanning bands prior to getting to the actual entrance. If the folks weren't AP holders they were politely directed to another line. (When we got in the line there were 4 families ahead of us. Only 1 group was passholders.) The CM didn't scan everyone's MB, just one per party.

disneyhusker

I am at MK today. The line is near the left side but between other lines. Just as long a line as others because some people around me said it didn't matter if u were AP or not. I kept my mouth shut and asked a CM who looked in like he was in charge. He said they can't enforce it and about 73% of the people in line have been AP. Can't enforce it? Post another CM or more signs or move the line or make people start over on another line if they cheat or are just ignorant. I love the idea if enforced.
Yay! Today at AK there is a CM at the line asking if you are an AP holder.

Aileen Marotta

It is being reported that starting 12/21 each park will have entrance lines just for annual passholders.
COMPLETELY TRUE! We were there since 12/11/16 until 12/27/16 and the Passholder line was incredibly beneficial once the holiday crowds arrived on the 23rd. During our entire stay the bag check lines were extremely long and so slow. Even before the holiday crowds artived, the guards were checking each bag meticulously, every zipper, every pockets. Plus they were pretty much asking everyon to go through the metal detectors. We had reservations for dinner one night and we almost didn't make it in time, because of the bag check and metal detectors.

BackOTheLine

We went to Epcot this past Sunday & used the passholder line. The had a CM scanning bands prior to getting to the actual entrance. If the folks weren't AP holders they were politely directed to another line. (When we got in the line there were 4 families ahead of us. Only 1 group was passholders.) The CM didn't scan everyone's MB, just one per party.

This is nice. I can imagine if I wasn't a passholder - the first time I had to wait in line twice would be the last time I made that mistake ...

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
The passholder line is a nice attempt to tell us TWDC likes our money, but in my experience thus far it has only been faster than the normal lines once. My other family members won't even use it because it is too slow. Nice, gimmicky, no real value.

Crown&roser

Got the AP cards for me and the fam only after asking for them, after activation. I thought it was weird after that they didn't offer them to us, it was more of a "hey by the way are we supposed to get these?"
...then,
"Oh yeah here you go"

Plus pass holder lines are a thing at int. Gateway. Tron opened in tomorrowland today...o_O

Bacon

Got the AP cards for me and the fam only after asking for them, after activation. I thought it was weird after that they didn't offer them to us, it was more of a "hey by the way are we supposed to get these?"
...then,
"Oh yeah here you go"

Plus pass holder lines are a thing at int. Gateway. Tron opened in tomorrowland today...o_O
What do you mean Tron in tommarowland

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom