Doctor Strange at DHS!

JohnD

Want to play a drinking game? Take a shot every time he says someone has "great potential".

As for the show, kinda meh, with Dr. Strange they could have done a little more.

The kids have no idea who he is. The movie will need some traction for him to be popular. Right now he's a character that adults groove over from the comics.

SorcererMC

The kids have no idea who he is. The movie will need some traction for him to be popular. Right now he's a character that adults groove over from the comics.

I have to dispute this because I was seeing a lot of DC and Marvel superhero costumes this Halloween - not just a few but the whole group dressed up as superheroes. Parents are taking their kids, say 10+, to see this movie even though it's a PG-13 rating (kind of like SW: TFA).

Just my corner of the world of course but I have no reason to think that this movie won't perform very well right now.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I have to dispute this because I was seeing a lot of DC and Marvel superhero costumes this Halloween - not just a few but the whole group dressed up as superheroes. Parents are taking their kids, say 10+, to see this movie even though it's a PG-13 rating (kind of like SW: TFA).

Just my corner of the world of course but I have no reason to think that this movie won't perform very well right now.
I think he meant that no one knows who he is because the movie just came out and most kids probably haven't seen it yet. Give it a month or two and I'm sure more kids will be fans

SorcererMC

I think he meant that no one knows who he is because the movie just came out and most kids probably haven't seen it yet. Give it a month or two and I'm sure more kids will be fans

Yes I thought that might be the case after I posted; what I was trying to say is that if kids don't know who he is yet, they will. I was kind of surprised about the superhero popularity this year, it's more mainstream than I previously thought. ETA: My family and I are geeks about a few things, so I can't presume that everyone is. :)

Last edited:

JohnD

Yes I thought that might be the case after I posted; what I was trying to say is that if kids don't know who he is yet, they will. I was kind of surprised about the superhero popularity this year, it's more mainstream than I previously thought. ETA: My family and I are geeks about a few things, so I can't presume that everyone is. :)

Yep. Exactly what I meant. Kids being kids, it's doubtful they've read the comics because of their age. But give them a movie and they'll know who the characters are real quick.

Matt_Black

To be fair, Strange HAS made several appearances in the Marvel XD cartoons. So even if kids have never read a comic with him in it, which is very plausible, there's a good chance he's not as "unknown" as some would try to spin it.

Animaniac93-98

Tomorrow, Friday 12/2, is the last day.

That's a shame, since Doctor Strange is still among the top 5 at the domestic box office even a month after its release.

These kinds of interactions are a great, low cost promotional tool to remind people of the movie until it gets released to Blu-ray, and kids probably enjoy it very much. That and DHS could always use more things to see and do.

doctornick

And Doctor Strange is rumored to be cut at HS.

I don't think so much as a "cut" as it was a planned limited time offering. From what I gather, these types of offerings are paid for by the movie studio branch as part of their "promotion" for the film but the studio will only pay for a small period of time. After that, it only stays around if the P&R folks want to pay for it out of their entertainment budget, so that is why these things don't stick.

Rodan75

I don't think so much as a "cut" as it was a planned limited time offering. From what I gather, these types of offerings are paid for by the movie studio branch as part of their "promotion" for the film but the studio will only pay for a small period of time. After that, it only stays around if the P&R folks want to pay for it out of their entertainment budget, so that is why these things don't stick.

Plus with Rogue One opening, Disney wants the focus on Star Wars this month, not Marvel.

The_Jobu

Why not just have him be a bartender at the Abracadabar?

He Makes a mean Singapore Sling Ring

Mmmm.... smell that IP synergy!

Last edited:

sWANNISAX

I'm at DHS today. Missed his times last week and super disappointed I missed it. He is gone this morning as are all the set decorations. The sign is back to you've got a friend in me and the timely signage and newspaper box is also gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom