Gasparilla Island Grill Closing for Refurbishment

tigger731

It is a joke to watch people try and use them... as my partner always says- K.I.S.S - Keep It Simple Stupid... So with too many options will create too many lines. We will just sit down and giggle!

but as most of us regular visitors to WDW know, the rest of the visitors leave their brains at home :)

The two freestyle machines there are plenty for the few people that actually go there.

My fiancée and I were there recently to try out the menu and look around. The restaurant overall was the same. There were just minor changes. Saw some new coolers, the freestyle machines, and the kitchen area...downsized. The pizza oven was replaced by toaster ovens.

We had looooved the gourmet margarita pizza and we wanted to get that. It used* to come on a big slice of focaccia bread with sliced tomatoes and fresh basil. It was absolutely amazing. But when we had received it that night, a tragedy happened. We received it on a cracker like crust with cheap cheese, small tomato slices and...(gulp) basil paste. It was like having a crunchy watery pizza with basil turds on it. It was the most disgusting pizza I've ever had at Disney.

Upon further inspection it seems the entire menu got cheapened. I used to like going there. But I think I may be done. I had a picture of it but I'm not sure what happened to it.

COProgressFan

The two freestyle machines there are plenty for the few people that actually go there.

My fiancée and I were there recently to try out the menu and look around. The restaurant overall was the same. There were just minor changes. Saw some new coolers, the freestyle machines, and the kitchen area...downsized. The pizza oven was replaced by toaster ovens.

We had looooved the gourmet margarita pizza and we wanted to get that. It used* to come on a big slice of focaccia bread with sliced tomatoes and fresh basil. It was absolutely amazing. But when we had received it that night, a tragedy happened. We received it on a cracker like crust with cheap cheese, small tomato slices and...(gulp) basil paste. It was like having a crunchy watery pizza with basil turds on it. It was the most disgusting pizza I've ever had at Disney.

Upon further inspection it seems the entire menu got cheapened. I used to like going there. But I think I may be done. I had a picture of it but I'm not sure what happened to it.

Yuck. Not happy to hear that. Sadly, not surprised I guess, but the food here used to be somewhat decent.

BWK05

Not excited about the free style machine always seems to be residue from the last person who always adds Cherry to their drink.
I just like my cokes plain.

Finally found a picture of the new flatbread with the basil turds. Worst money I've spent on property for food.

I'm also not a fan of the freestyle machines. And yes, I'm also a fan of classic coke and you can never get a proper tasting on from a freestyle machine. I'm even a super fan of cherry coke but the cherry they use in the machine is different than the cherry they use at the bottling plants. It's overall a good idea for customization, but not good for people who like regular sodas.

Attachments

• IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 57

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom