'Star Wars Galactic Nights' special event coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

*Q*

It's been done 3 times. They did this the last time Celebration was held in Orlando in 2011. I talked my husband into taking me. We had a great time. Saw George Lucas at the Star Wars / Indiana Jones mash up show. That was worth the price of admission alone to me. It also was great to ride Toy Story Mania as a walk on with no wait. Couldn't get down this time.
Ehhhh, that really wasn't the same event. Totally different entertainment and everything.

drew81

You guys really think they're going to fly in film talent for another night?
No way. They won't do that.

If they do more Galactic Nights no way those have the actors last night's did.

Last edited:

Chet Dakota

The only glitch I encountered was meeting the Ewoks. They were trying to be roaming characters but people were bombarding them so they were moved to behind the railing beside the Star Tours queue. It was more like you were looking at them, like they were trapped. Totally not a Disney issue

This is why I am skeptical of the roaming characters and immersive entertainment that they are promoting for SWL. It will be very crowded and people will interfere with the "show" because they will want pictures, autographs, etc. There will have to be tons of control over this. I would speculate that the "entertainment" will not last long before it gets abandoned.

sculljoey

This is why I am skeptical of the roaming characters and immersive entertainment that they are promoting for SWL. It will be very crowded and people will interfere with the "show" because they will want pictures, autographs, etc. There will have to be tons of control over this. I would speculate that the "entertainment" will not last long before it gets abandoned.

They said in the panel that the entertainment will be taking place on rooftops, ladders, etc. Could be out of reach for the guests

Chet Dakota

They said in the panel that the entertainment will be taking place on rooftops, ladders, etc. Could be out of reach for the guests

They also talked about roaming droids, and characters that will talk to you and bring you into the story...offer you bounty hunter jobs, give you opportunities to support the First Order, etc. They have talked since the beginning about the roaming characters. They will be on the ground, among the guests.

*Q*

The Galactic Nights could be a good way to test some of these character interactions and such. There wouldn't be too many people in the park, and it would help guests feel they're getting good value out of their admission to the event.

Princess Leia

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom