'Doctor Strange' preview coming to One Man's Dream in October

doctornick

I would suspect that it's in both universal's and Disney's best interest to "have a conversation" about this. Technically, universal can't build an avengers attraction, but Disney could allow them to build one with the caveat that Disney could use other characters.

Right. Even though the contract prevents others from using people in the "families" of existing characters used by Uni, it's not clear to me that Uni would automatically be entitled to use any such character themselves (i.e. it might be that such characters are in limbo and can't be used by anyone unilaterally). So, even though "the Avengers family" cannot be used anywhere, could Uni automatically use Thor or Iron Man, etc. since they haven't previously? It's possible that Marvel would have to provide them permission to use those characters which could come into play into why "discussions" might have needed to be held for that planned attraction. And if there was some discussions, it would make sense for both sides to perhaps clarify any "grey area" of character use in the parks.

Feel free to correct me if there are specifics in the contract that say otherwise, but I just don't see clear indication as to how/when Uni can add characters to their existing stable of ones used.

Cmdr_Crimson

More of a show than a meet-and-greet from what I understand.

So it's More of a Narnia Thing Again..
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom