Western Way Extension

Rose&Crown

There is also already a Wawa and Publix right down the street. Even closer than the Target.
Don’t you have to go through a toll to get to the Publix? I know whenever I stay at these marriotts I have to pay a toll to Publix and back. Maybe I’m going the wrong way?

JaxFLBear

Don’t you have to go through a toll to get to the Publix? I know whenever I stay at these marriotts I have to pay a toll to Publix and back. Maybe I’m going the wrong way?
Yes, there's a toll on SR-429 between US-192 and Western Way.

You could avoid the toll by taking Flamingo Crossings Blvd to Hartzog to US-192. This route is about 6.5 miles where the tolled route is just over 3 miles.

Last edited:

Rose&Crown

Yes, there's a toll on SR-429 between US-192 and Western Way.

You could avoid the toll by taking Flamingo Crossings Blvd to Hartzog to US-192. This route is about 6.5 miles where the tolled route is just over 3 miles.
Gotcha which is why I end up taking the toll. A Publix in this area or even a CVS/Walgreens would be great.

skelm

No reason to now. Just take Western Way to Avalon Rd, there is no toll on Avalon and it takes you right down to 192 and lets out about half a mile from where 429 does.

skelm

So I hate to keep reviving an old thread. But I live very close to Western Way and drive on it all the time. Anyone know what is going on in this area circled on this picture? Over the past month they have cleared it of all trees. Today I drove by and they are scraping the ground flat.

Seems like a lot of work if nothing is going there.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
So I hate to keep reviving an old thread. But I live very close to Western Way and drive on it all the time. Anyone know what is going on in this area circled on this picture? Over the past month they have cleared it of all trees. Today I drove by and they are scraping the ground flat.

View attachment 391089

More CM housing.

Nthderivative

The land has the property use code of 1003, which is for apartment complexes. This must be the new college housing.

peter11435

More CM housing.

I believe the CM housing is going into the parcel on the bottom right.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I believe the CM housing is going into the parcel on the bottom right.

There are two sections of housing, Flamingo Crossing East (which is currently under construction), and Flamingo Crossing West which is the one I just mentioned. I believe both are going to be employee housing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom