Fourth of July 2016 celebrations at Walt Disney World

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Really quiet at DAK today. As of 4pm, 10 min wait at Safaris, 10 mins at CTX, 20 at Everest and 30 at Kali.

At Studios, only 60 mins at Toy Story, 30 at Tot and 30 and RnR. 10 mins at Great Movie Ride.

At MK, 110 mins at 7 Dwarfs, 95mins at Space, 70mins at Splash, 30mins at Pirates, 55mins at Haunted Mansion.

Epcot - 90mins Test Track, 50 mins Soarin', 25 mins at Spaceship Earth and Mission Space, and 180mins at Frozen Ever After.

FigmentForver96

Really quiet at DAK today. As of 4pm, 10 min wait at Safaris, 10 mins at CTX, 20 at Everest and 30 at Kali.

At Studios, only 60 mins at Toy Story, 30 at Tot and 30 and RnR. 10 mins at Great Movie Ride.

At MK, 110 mins at 7 Dwarfs, 95mins at Space, 70mins at Splash, 30mins at Pirates, 55mins at Haunted Mansion.

Epcot - 90mins Test Track, 50 mins Soarin', 25 mins at Spaceship Earth and Mission Space, and 180mins at Frozen Ever After.
That's crazy.

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

Update: Wait times appear to be building up at MK.
  • BTMRR - 75 mins
  • 7DMT - 110 Mins
  • Space Mountain - 120 Mins
  • Splash Mountain - 120 Mins
  • Petter Pan - 85 Mins
  • Jungle Cruise - 80 Mins
  • Haunted Mansion - 60 Mins
Not sure about a capacity closing happening yet....

Thumper 32

They have not. You can find the 2015 edition of the Voices of Liberty 4th of July concert on YouTube, and the finale awkwardly has no fife and drums, even though Mickey and friends still march out as if there was.

Are we sure they're coming back this year? Or did a clueless marketing intern just copy and paste some lines from prior years? I'd love to be proven wrong, but it seems very unlikely they're remounting the group for one day.

It diassapoints me to report that my assumption was correct, and there was no fife and drum at Epcot today, either in the concert or doing their own sets. Whoever put out the press release royally screwed up.

jrhwdw

I just saw a tweet plugging Celebrate America's live stream and it mentioned ABC?!?!?!?!? Is it on ABC right now????

jrhwdw

Well, it wasn't on ABC when I got home (was out for dinner) and yes I got home before it ended, I had it on my phone. So that was a HUGE TYPO by the person who wrote that tweet!!! Would have been nice if ABC did do that! We haven't had a July 4th TV Special since the early 90's!

Other than that, the Live Stream was wonderful!! I did see the EWP, I don't know if it was missing a float because of the EWP Crock.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I was at the Poly too! Where were you? We could have been right near each other and never knew it :jawdrop:
Here was my view for my first time EVER seeing Celebrate America!!
13516202_10208172783031374_807240030434194293_n.jpg
I was by the fire pit. Looks like you on the grass hill!

Crazydisneyfanluke

Just spent the day at EPCOT. Wasnt as busy as expected. The busiest i seen world showcase was 2hrs before the fireworks. People already had their spots. Frozen was down around 630, didnt see it reopen. Walked on most of the rides, had FP+ for soarin, spaceship, and mission space. Rode songle rider for TT less that 10mins. I got goosebumps during the voices performance in the AA, Illuminations (looked amazing) and when leaving everyone was singing proud to be an American. There was a sense of unity i handnt felt before.

The amount of fireworks in the heart beat of freedom finale shook the ground and all the hairs on my body.

Gringrinngghost

The Magic Kingdom Fireworks are now in 3D!
Note: If you use chrome and it just shows anaglyph, Google just thought that nobody uses side by side and disabled it on Chrome. You have to use another browser, works in Firefox.

Did any notice one of the firework barges catch fire near the end? Not too big but it was going steady through the Heartbeat part. It was over on the northeast side of the lagoon.

Disney Analyst

I felt it was a very lackluster finale. I still enjoyed the show, but RoE's finale had a more intense finale I think.

I mean, RoE has always had a more insane finale, but it just seems like compared to any other year this years 4th of July finale pyro was missing much of what it normally has.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom