Low rates at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin through late August

21stamps

This is why we stay there so often. For the price you can't beat the location.
We will be staying at the Swan for the first time in November for our pre cruise stay. I didn't want to spend the money on BWI for 1 night while at Epcot/HS all day, so the Swan made sense and looks nice!

Is the boat that goes to Epcot a relatively short ride? Comparable to Poly-MK?

righttrack

We did a last minute trip two years ago and were pleasantly surprised. Walking to two parks, the price was great and the location amazing. They have nice restaurants too.

Witchy Chick

We will be staying at the Swan for the first time in November for our pre cruise stay. I didn't want to spend the money on BWI for 1 night while at Epcot/HS all day, so the Swan made sense and looks nice!

IIRC, the boat to Epcot from Swan/Dolphin first stops at Boardwalk and then Beach/Yacht before proceeding to Epcot. For the "to DHS" section of the route, Swan/Dolphin are the final pick up before proceeding to DHS.

Getting to Epcot takes a little bit longer than getting to DHS, maybe 20 minutes total?

righttrack

It's a very short loop and the friendship boats are pretty fast and fast mooring them too.

21stamps

Thanks! We will probably just get off at the Boardwalk in the evening, and hang out there for a bit before returning to the Swam.

21stamps

True and on our trip last August parking was $20.00 total for three days, not $20.00 per day.
I haven't decided if I'm renting a car from MCO or from the car care center when we check out. But I was quoted $18 per day for self parking. Did you rent at MCO or just use Mears to get there?

JusticeDisney

Even with the extra fees, the total cost for SD is well below the other Epcot resorts. Plus, SD has a better collection of restaurants than any other resort anywhere in Disney World - and it's not even close.

And although I agree that the Dolphin rooms are in desperate need of renovations, that's exactly what they are getting right now.

If the SD was owned by Disney and had a couple of Mickeys spread around the rooms, it would be one of the most popular resorts on property.

WDW_Jon

Epcot is a 10 min walk along the boardwalk, much quicker than the boat, we only used the boat to HS which is quite a bit further and not a pleasant walk... :)

Brad Bishop

Epcot is a 10 min walk along the boardwalk, much quicker than the boat, we only used the boat to HS which is quite a bit further and not a pleasant walk... :)

Yep - If you're staying at the Swan & Dolphin then it's about 20min to the Epcot entrance. The boat is about break even (it makes two stops along the way) if it arrives right when you get there and it's not packed (where you have to wait). Of course, sometimes it's just nice to sit for the 20min and take a break and you're just tired of walking.

DisneyOutsider

I can't recommend the S&D enough. GREAT value for the price if you can jump on discounted rates. Parking fee is annoying, but if there is any location that you could get away with not having a car, I would argue that this is it. We get along great without a car in this area.

I've had very good experiences with the cleanliness and service here. They are very well run properties and they are associated with what is, IMO, the best hotel loyalty program in the business (until Marriott decides to nuke it), Starwood Preferred Guest.

I know I probably sound like a shill right now, but I wouldn't speak like this about any of the Disney-owned properties. Most bang for your buck, period.

21stamps

I decided to just add a second night because of our arrival time. If I stay at the airport then by the time we get settled it will be 1am, and then leaving the hotel at 7..therefore, reluctantly I decided that arriving to the Swan at 2am is just easier. There will still be bell services available for our luggage at that time, correct? I'll be sleepwalking.lol

epcotisbest

I decided to just add a second night because of our arrival time. If I stay at the airport then by the time we get settled it will be 1am, and then leaving the hotel at 7..therefore, reluctantly I decided that arriving to the Swan at 2am is just easier. There will still be bell services available for our luggage at that time, correct? I'll be sleepwalking.lol
That sounds like a good idea. That way you can wake up already settled in. Can't answer your question as we have never arrived that late.

epcotisbest

According to the S&D Website, they do have a 24-hour bellstand.

21stamps

Has anyone been in the past few weeks, or will be there soon?

Have the beaches/dock remained the same, or are they implementing similar changes like the Dosney owned resorts?

WDW_Jon

Yes, they are around 24/7...
You'd be amazed what's going on through the night as in October I took a 2 hour walk around all the conference areas and both hotels with my one year old in a stroller at 4am the day after we landed from the UK as he thought it was 9am!
I got some strange looks but everyone was very friendly :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom