Changes to bus transportation for the water parks begins this weekend

COProgressFan

Pretty sure all other resorts already require guests to take a bus to animal kingdom to transfer to a bus to Blizzard Beach. It's been this way for about a year.

That may be true but it's still horrible. I complained when we dealt with this but I know it probably won't matter.

Disney should take note that our bad bus experiences, particularly with water parks, is the primary reason we are renting a car for our upcoming trip. Which means we'll also dine off property, visit Uni and Sea World, etc.

Rodan75

This sucked on the last trip and made it into my post-trip survey. It is an inconvenience and it eats up far too much time.

However, we did make the most of it and did an AK morning with a trip to the BB lazy river afterwards and then did the connections back.

This was an easier and faster transfer process than the Wilderness Lodge to DS to TL transfers that you have to do, those are unacceptable.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
That may be true but it's still horrible. I complained when we dealt with this but I know it probably won't matter.

Disney should take note that our bad bus experiences, particularly with water parks, is the primary reason we are renting a car for our upcoming trip. Which means we'll also dine off property, visit Uni and Sea World, etc.

And the parking fees are intended to force you to take the bus

rob0519

Imagine if they had built out a network of Monorails and Peoplemovers. This likely all would have been solved in the beginning.
In the beginning, it was 10 years between the opening of MK and Epcot. It's a miracle WDW built the monorail to that park. The studios opened in 1989 and AK 10 years later in 1998. There was no way to have planned out monorail lines 20-30 years in advance. By the time additional monorails might have been needed the distance between parks increased significantly as did the price of track construction.

montyz81

In the beginning, it was 10 years between the opening of MK and Epcot. It's a miracle WDW built the monorail to that park. The studios opened in 1989 and AK 10 years later in 1998. There was no way to have planned out monorail lines 20-30 years in advance. By the time additional monorails might have been needed the distance between parks increased significantly as did the price of track construction.
Not what I meant. If they continued all along with the build out of the monorail and people movers, they might have less of a transportation issue now. Walt's idea of how transportation should run, although modified slightly for what is built today, could have been super efficient. MCO is a good example of how it could have worked. I bet you if they had considered transportation to all the various points (Parks, Resorts, Springs), the entire space would have looked completely different. I bet you that the high cost of the build out of the monorail today would not have been so if they had considered transportation in each space they built out. Just my opinion anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom