Changes to bus transportation for the water parks begins this weekend

IMFearless

Or a people mover.

An automated people mover type solution would make perfect sense in this situation, this would both add something interesting for guests going to Typhoon Lagoon, and also get guests to Disney Springs at the same time.

If they wanted to prevent guests riding it for fun they could simply install touch points prior to boarding.

Thebolt

An automated people mover type solution would make perfect sense in this situation, this would both add something interesting for guests going to Typhoon Lagoon, and also get guests to Disney Springs at the same time.

If they wanted to prevent guests riding it for fun they could simply install touch points prior to boarding.

Close the TL gate, parking lot etc. an build a ticket office on the Disney Springs side of the people mover. That would drive a lot of footfall into the retail/dining options over in the Springs.

They could then replace Blizzard Beach with a new waterpark adjacent to Typhoon Lagoon, using the unused and ex-parking lot land; and create a proper zone for the non-theme-park stuff.
Transportation then becomes much simpler, the Springs busses cover 3 destinations, and the road junctions can give less priority to the waterparks.
(its not likely to happen, but far from the most outlandish idea you've seen on here).

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Yeah, I'm not overly germ-phobic (just healthy, IMO - I wash my hands when I leave the bathroom, I avoid touching public doorknobs, etc.) but I know I have gotten sick at least 3 or 4 times at WDW from those dang busses. As soon as you hear that kid start sniffling behind you, and the sneeze, it's all over, LOL.
So you don't think it could possibly have been from the 40,000 other park guests, as opposed to a few people on a bus? Sorry, but it's impossible to make that causal effect statement.

AEfx

I don't really have that concern with the buses at Walt Disney World. I no more fear the child sneezing on a bus then I do all the things I'm being exposed to when I go to any of the public bathrooms at the Walt Disney World Resort. And that's not a dig on the bathrooms. But let's face it people are hot they're dirty and they're doing things in the bathroom that are going to expose you to germs and other things.

The difference is, enclosed spaces. Humid enclosed spaces. It's not the germs it's the virus to worry about - those buses are a hotbed for it. You can't get fresh air, you can't escape, and you can't hold your breath that long LOL.

ToTBellHop

The difference is, enclosed spaces. Humid enclosed spaces. It's not the germs it's the virus to worry about - those buses are a hotbed for it. You can't get fresh air, you can't escape, and you can't hold your breath that long LOL.
They aren't really that bad for germs. Nothing like a plane, restroom, or Mission Space capsule.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So you don't think it could possibly have been from the 40,000 other park guests, as opposed to a few people on a bus? Sorry, but it's impossible to make that causal effect statement.

Buses like planes and trains pack people in very close proximity to each other with very little circulating fresh air. While obviously nearly impossible to prove where a virus is picked up research has shown that any mass transportation Disney or otherwise escalates the likelihood of catching a virus when an infected person is traveling in close proximity of another passenger in a confined area vs walking down Main Street where fresh air dissipates a larger percentage of airborne viruses than in a confined area of areas like mass transportation or an elevator.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Buses like planes and trains pack people in very close proximity to each other with very little circulating fresh air. While obviously nearly impossible to prove where a virus is picked up research has shown that any mass transportation Disney or otherwise escalates the likelihood of catching a virus when an infected person is traveling in close proximity of another passenger in a confined area vs walking down Main Street where fresh air dissipates a larger percentage of airborne viruses than in a confined area of areas like mass transportation or an elevator.
While true, he made a direct statement that he got sick 3 or 4 times from riding the buses at WDW. I simply stated that you cannot prove a causal effect that it was indeed the buses where he caught the bug. It could have been anywhere on property.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Too funny... Worried about germs on buses... Yet climbs in dozens of attractions... Stands in hot packed queues... Touches railings all over the park..Etc

The stigma against public transit in the US will live on for generations still.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
While true, he made a direct statement that he got sick 3 or 4 times from riding the buses at WDW. I simply stated that you cannot prove a causal effect that it was indeed the buses where he caught the bug. It could have been anywhere on property.

True, still you can often make a real good educated stab at when you caught a bug. Could I prove the lady sitting next to me on the airplane that coughed, sneezed and hacked for 3 hours was the one I got the flu from? No. Still a pretty good guess after being seated next to her for hours. I've let people pass us in a queue at Disney that are very ill, I'll get up and move seats on a bus if at all possible if an infected person puts us in target range. My DD and I on a Metra train to Chicago got up and went to a different car when someone joined us that was also really sick. I don't find it a real big leap to at times be able to have a real good hunch where and from who you picked up a bug from.

captainkidd

I just read about this yesterday. There will no longer be bus service from the Animal Kingdom Lodge to Blizzard Beach. Guests will have to take a bus to Animal Kingdom, then transfer and take a bus to Blizzard Beach from there. Sorry but this is absolutely ridiculous. I don't even stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge and this irks me. Besides the fact that it's a deluxe Resort, no resort on Disney property should not offer direct transportation to any theme park or water park. This is nothing more then a straightforward cut back on Disney's part to save a few bucks. And while we should be used to it by now, to me this gets into very dangerous territory. And this all comes a day after they announced an increase in price for the express transportation. If Disney decides to go the way of eliminating transportation from their resorts or start charging for it, for me that will be the end.

Last edited:

peter11435

I just read about this yesterday. There will no longer be bus service from the Animal Kingdom Lodge to Blizzard Beach. Guests will have to take a bus to Animal Kingdom, then transfer and take a bus to Blizzard Beach from there. Sorry but this is absolutely ridiculous. I don't even stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge and this irks me. Besides the fact that it's a deluxe Resort, no resort on Disney property should not offer direct transportation to any theme park or water park. This is nothing more then a straightforward cut back on Disney's part to save a few bucks. And while we should be used to it by now, to me this gets into very dangerous territory. And this all comes a day after they announced an increase in price for the express transportation. If Disney decides to go the way of eliminating transportation from their resorts or start charging for it, for me that will be the end.
Pretty sure all other resorts already require guests to take a bus to animal kingdom to transfer to a bus to Blizzard Beach. It's been this way for about a year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom