Alberta Bound to take over from TradNation at Epcot's Canada Pavilion

wannabeBelle

Is the bass player in the @wdwmagic video the guy who played with Mulch, Sweat and Shears? The fiddle player isn't Jason from Off Kilter is it? Just wondering. :)
Yes Jason Thomas of Off Kilter is heading up this band and the Bass player is indeed CC Dixon AKA Hedge Shears from Mulch!! Both guys are in both videos, the one I posted and the one posted by WDWMagic. The video I posted from 5/4/2016 has Billy Varnes who was a guitar and bass sub for OK as well as Scotty Zymowski who is their regular drummer. Yesterday Billy must have been off and was subbed for by Greg Hayworth who I have seen with Mulch and The Canadian Holiday voyageurs. Two other members I had met before with the Voyageurs, Darryl, who was on drums yesterday and Michelle was on vocals both days, Hopefully Alberta Bound is well received and stick around for a bit!! Marie

dreamscometrue

Yes Jason Thomas of Off Kilter is heading up this band and the Bass player is indeed CC Dixon AKA Hedge Shears from Mulch!! Both guys are in both videos, the one I posted and the one posted by WDWMagic. The video I posted from 5/4/2016 has Billy Varnes who was a guitar and bass sub for OK as well as Scotty Zymowski who is their regular drummer. Yesterday Billy must have been off and was subbed for by Greg Hayworth who I have seen with Mulch and The Canadian Holiday voyageurs. Two other members I had met before with the Voyageurs, Darryl, who was on drums yesterday and Michelle was on vocals both days, Hopefully Alberta Bound is well received and stick around for a bit!! Marie
Thanks so much for the reply! I knew you'd know. This band sounds great, and having WDW performance veterans makes a difference. I realize that WDW might not want entertainment locked in for 10-15 years as had been typical, but I hope this group sticks around for a year or two for sure.

wannabeBelle

Thanks so much for the reply! I knew you'd know. This band sounds great, and having WDW performance veterans makes a difference. I realize that WDW might not want entertainment locked in for 10-15 years as had been typical, but I hope this group sticks around for a year or two for sure.
Exactly!!! I agree, I think that WDW Performers do make a drastic difference. There is something about them, more polish? Stage presence? I am not sure but I haven't usually gotten that feeling from other acts from outside. So far I haven't heard anything more from anyone as to an extension of the 5 weeks that I originally heard, but we can be hopeful!! Also Billy and Jason are still doing their thing down at Port Orleans French Quarter at Scat Cats on most weekends too, so there is definitely good music to be had at WDW!!! That makes me very happy!!! Marie

wannabeBelle

Almost exactly Yellow B. The full time drummer for this show is Scotty Z, Scott is the full time drummer for Off Kilter as well as working with AB. The Voyageurs had a number of drummers including Matt from Mulch, Jeff S. who was an Off Kilter sub as well as Darryl who does work with this band and is on the WDWMagic video. Marie

wannabeBelle

Well I did forward it along for consideration, but I make no promises. Ya never know though!!!! If you get a chance go see Jason & Billy as a duo over at Scat Cats in POFQ. You'd be floored at some of the requests they are able to play. Definitely a fun evening for sure. They are on tomorrow night, Monday and Tuesday from 8pm until 11pm. Marie

Dubman

Hmmmm. I know there is probably zero chance of them coming back, but Off Kilter is releasing a new album in June... Wonder if it's possible?

wannabeBelle

Well with Alberta Bound having some of the members of Off Kilter playing, it is still being supportive of the band. From my understanding though the other guys all do have full time jobs so it is highly doubtful. I do still go see Off Kilter whenever I can and am happy to support them in all of their offsite venues. Marie

wannabeBelle

And the schedule for this week is:
Alberta Bound
Light and energetic traditional fiddle styles.
Wednesday-Saturday at 2:15, 3:30, 5:00, 6:15 & 7:30pm
Length of show: 30 minutes

@wdwmagic

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom