Wishes Dessert Party moves to the Hub - the real reason why Wishes FP+ Went Away

tnemgif

Some good news: They are only closing off a very small section of the right side of the hub for the dessert party. The rest is first come, first served.

Last edited:

glvsav37

I just read on another board that they are not taking same day dessert party reservations anymore.

Well that was short lived (If true). Can anyone confirm?

wdwhoneymooner

Once again, I'll post how fortunate my family and I are to have tried the Dessert Party early on. I believe it was 2009(?) when the adult price was around $17.99 and the child's was about $10.99. At the time, this offering was only a few weeks into the program and we decided to buy into it for the July 4th fireworks at MK. At first I had some hesitation about getting it, but after I saw the mass of guests trying to find a spot in what little floor space was available for the show I knew this was a good idea. The party area wasn't very crowded (compared to what was in front of the castle and MS USA). The desserts were very tasty and my DD had her fill of chocolate covered strawberries. We did it and had a good time. Never wanted to try it again since, especially with the price increases and the expanded amount of tickets sold for each experience.

wdwhoneymooner

From what I can gather, Adults (10 and over) are $52.99 and children (9 and under) are $31.95. That's a huuuuuuuuuuge difference since I tried it. I understand Disney added table cloths and table decor with some additional new dessert offerings, but wow! And didn't it just double in price recently?

ToTBellHop

From my brief Google/investigative searching over the past 10 mins, the price has gone from:

2009 - $17.99/adult
2013 - $24.99/adult (based on a review from another website)
2016 - $55.39/adult (for July 18, 2016 - just went and did a mock booking to get a price).

That's a roughly 300% increase since 2009.
But now there are tablecloths and lanterns, so it's worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom