Wishes Dessert Party moves to the Hub - the real reason why Wishes FP+ Went Away

danv3

Any reports on how this worked? I'm still confused as to how they're going to undertake to move ~100 people through the crowds to the viewing areas.

Jon81uk

Any reports on how this worked? I'm still confused as to how they're going to undertake to move ~100 people through the crowds to the viewing areas.
Tomorrowland Terrace exits right next to the Plaza Inn and the viewing area is right in front. Shouldn't be too hard. Then cross some people over to the one in front of Casey's, checking that people have the viewing area ticket/wristband/lanyard on the way.

AEfx

Am I the only one who thinks Plaza Gardens is a more preferable viewing location than the Terrace? Why are they making it seem like those who make advanced reservations get "preference" to remain at the Terrace?

It's true - there are only a few good places at the terrace to actually look out to see the fireworks - the overhang goes too far for good viewing in many instances.

Kman101

They will find a way to charge for anything and everything. Want to use the Tangled potties? $69.99

How do they never get called out for what they try and pull? Not that it would change but instead of WFTV telling us attractions will be ready to go in months how about telling us how WDW is now the "greediest place on earth". I called out WDW today on Twitter when they posted about dancing with Nick and Judy. Why can't we meet them? No response. Shocker

Blairnicol

I'm right in the middle on this one again. It doesn't bother me that Disney is offering it, since it doesn't impact my experience in any way.

That said, who the heck thinks this is a good idea? If you had a pile of $200 on one hand and tickets to this fool thing on the other hand, who says "I'd rather have the cafeteria brownies than the $200"? I'm not a rich man, but there's no amount of wealth I could ever accumulate that would make me say "sign me up!"
I feel the same way. I never wasted a fast pass on Wishes. I've done the dessert party for a birthday trip that was a blow-out tip. I probably won't ever do it again but enjoyed it for what it was. I like what they've done with the hub, but I don't see this as a huge issue either way. It kinda gets a shrug from me because I think it's temporary while they are decreasing staff. I think once staff goes back up they will re-implement the Wishes fast pass.

celluloid

They already jacked most of the Poly spots. Although generally it is still good.

Even in park, most of the hub is not a good spot. Its not iconic like so many are suckered into thinking. Its ok, but not ideal. The castle blocks much of the pyro.

In park its upper train station for me.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
What is your preferred spot? For most, the hub is going to be about right. I prefer to be around the Casey's area on MSUSA, but its still very close to the hub.

I once made the mistake of watching the fireworks from a spot between the partners statue and the castle. We were WAY to close to enjoy the show. The castle blocked just about all but the highest fireworks.

Personally, I like having the fireworks framed around the castle, so a spot in the hub area near main street would be my choice as well.

mergatroid

I said it doesn't have an impact on my experience. Wishes from the hub is nothing but a recipe for a stiff neck. I prefer it from further back on Main Street (or Frontierland if I want to avoid the crowds). I never watched it from the hub pre-FP+ and I never thought it was worth the use of a FP+ once that was introduced.

I'm with you on this, would never dream of using a FP or pay to see it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom