The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

TrainsOfDisney

There are no plans to destroy Muppetvision 3D, and it would be a travesty if it ever happened. It's Jim Henson's final project, and therefore as sacrosanct as Walt Disney's final projects.

So dropping the name “muppets courtyard” - changing the marquee to be easily changeable, replacing attraction specific costumes with generic studios costumes, and painting over all references to muppets outside the theatre is a sign that it’s staying?

I’m gonna enjoy it as long as I can! Ha.

WDW Pro

So dropping the name “muppets courtyard” - changing the marquee to be easily changeable, replacing attraction specific costumes with generic studios costumes, and painting over all references to muppets outside the theatre is a sign that it’s staying?

I’m gonna enjoy it as long as I can! Ha.

Significant money was spent to keep Muppetvision 3D while SWGE was built around it. It would have been easier to demo the theater, and that didn't happen.

TrainsOfDisney

I didn’t say the theatre was going anywhere.... ha.

But look I’m not saying I know it’s leaving... I’m hoping it doesn’t. I love the muppet vision and as I said above I think muppets should expand their presence in the courtyard with meet and greets, and live shows like mobile labs.

I’m hoping that Disney+ will introduce new fans to classics like the muppet movie and maybe Disney will see how popular the muppets can be.

Phil12

There are no plans to destroy Muppetvision 3D, and it would be a travesty if it ever happened. It's Jim Henson's final project, and therefore as sacrosanct as Walt Disney's final projects.
Indeed, you've hit the nail on the head. There are far too many so called sacrosanct attractions at both WDW and Disneyland. They need to start clearing them out and replacing them with better rides such as Frozen Ever After.

DisneyDreamerxyz

Muppet Babies is on Season 2 and was renewed for Season 3. There will be a little Muppet show on Disney+ starting in November. I wish MuppetVision 3D wasn't running on reduced hours. I usually go to the parks at night and I've gone to do it and it's closed :(
It makes me mad how much of the few details we lost for Galaxies Edge (painting almost the whole building grey).

and it really bothers me walking into what is supposed to be the Muppets store and they are selling of course....Star Wars stuff in there. Like ugh please no. at least PizzaRizzo is back open and no longer seasonal but I know the reviews of that food haven't been great. This little corner of the park has some great details to see but they don't seem to even want people back there lol.

The Grand Inquisitor

Muppet Babies is on Season 2 and was renewed for Season 3. There will be a little Muppet show on Disney+ starting in November. I wish MuppetVision 3D wasn't running on reduced hours. I usually go to the parks at night and I've gone to do it and it's closed :(
It makes me mad how much of the few details we lost for Galaxies Edge (painting almost the whole building grey).

and it really bothers me walking into what is supposed to be the Muppets store and they are selling of course....Star Wars stuff in there. Like ugh please no. at least PizzaRizzo is back open and no longer seasonal but I know the reviews of that food haven't been great. This little corner of the park has some great details to see but they don't seem to even want people back there lol.
It really shows that The Muppets are still popular you just have to base them around the stuff people like. If they focused on the muppet show people would be very happy.

Cmdr_Crimson

It really shows that The Muppets are still popular you just have to base them around the stuff people like. If they focused on the muppet show people would be very happy.
You still have these guys In 2 parks in the state...
1-2.jpg

KikoKea

We've always enjoyed the Muppet's humor and how the characters interact- much of it is aimed at adults. The historic moments was a nice, fun Liberty Square show in an area that we used to hurry through. We'd stop for the Muppets, though, and loved their crazy way of explaining history.

Maybe it doesn't bring in $$. A shame, really. The Muppets could be one of their more popular and successful IPs, IMHO.

Brer Panther

While we're talking about the Muppets, can we all come to an agreement that the new guy who now voices Kermit flat out sucks?
I like Matt's Kermit! He's not as good as Steve, but I think Matt's been doing a good job as Kermit thus far. Sounds like a deeper, more nasally version of Steve to me.

Plus, it's not like the Muppets is the only franchise that's ever had a character "sounding wrong". For example, Matthew Lillard in my opinion does a pretty lousy Norville Rogers from Scooby-Doo. Doesn't sound anything like Norville.

Last edited:

JohnD

I like Matt's Kermit! He's not as good as Steve, but I think Matt's been doing a good job as Kermit thus far. Sounds like a deeper, more nasally version of Steve to me.

Plus, it's not like the Muppets is the only franchise that's ever had a character "sounding wrong". For example, Matthew Lillard in my opinion does a pretty lousy ****gy from Scooby-Doo. Doesn't sound anything like ****gy.

Seriously is censored? s-h-a-g?

jumpinjamie

When Disney Plus premieres, rumor has it every (theatrical) Muppet movie except Muppets Take Manhattan and Muppets From Space will be on it, along with the ABC series, Muppet Moments shorts (interacting with kids), and the new Muppets Now shorts as well the current Muppet Babies series. It's really too bad they're not giving us Seasons 4 and 5 of the Muppet Show after buying the first 3 seasons so many years ago, but the reality is if audiences thought the ABC series was too "adult and mean spirited" they haven't seen the "classic Muppet Show" episodes where Kermit and company make fat jokes about Piggy for an entire show or where Gonzo is attracted to Big Bird (a juvenile boy bird).

Last edited:

Aries1975

When Disney Plus premieres, rumor has it every (theatrical) Muppet movie except Muppets Take Manhattan and Muppets From Space will be on it, along with the ABC series, Muppet Moments shorts (interacting with kids), and the new Muppets Now shorts as well the current Muppet Babies series. It's really too bad they're not giving us Seasons 4 and 5 of the Muppet Show after buying the first 3 seasons so many years ago, but the reality is if audiences thought the ABC series was too "adult and mean spirited" they haven't seen the "classic Muppet Show" episodes where Kermit and company make fat jokes about Piggy for an entire show or where Gonzo is attracted to Big Bird (a juvenile boy bird).

Or Crazy Harry blows up everything...
When I introduced my kids to original Muppet Show, my son, then 3 or 4, really did not like it. Not a lack of interest, did not want to watch. I later figured out that he found Crazy Harry scary.

The last attempt at the Muppets did get better as the season went on. Even though it was more of an adult theme, I really liked the episode where Miss Piggy is tasked with buying a birthday gift for Kermit's current girlfriend. 😈

Donaldfan1934

I’ll never understand why they removed as much theming as they did. Sure, I get why they took down the hot air ballon or painted parts of the building that might be visible inside of Galaxy’s Edge, but why did they bother removing so much theming from areas that had no bearing on it? While I do believe at least part of the reason Galaxy’s Edge did not take over that section of the park was with the intention of preserving MuppetVision 3D specifically, a lot of the changes seem to make it easier to change out if they so choose.

Tom P.

Why are Muppets Take Manhattan and Muppets from Space excluded? Are there rights issues surrounding those?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom