New 'Sense of Africa' tour coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Baloo62

aka the $en$e of Afri¢a Tour. A bargain at $1250 for my family of five. Btw, for an additional $500 each you get to shoot Timon and Rafiki with paint balls.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
$250 seems about right to me. Expensive yes, but considering the limited number of days a week this is running, along with other things included, and looking at the price of comparable offers, it seems to be priced appropriately.

I agree. Wild Africa Trek is $199-$250 varying by time of year and this tour has similair offerings and a meal at a TS for breakfast. We look forward to doing this tour on a future visit and also Wild Africa Trek eventually as well. We did the Sunrise Safari tour at AKL right before that one stopped and loved it, and had done the Backstage Safari Tour at AK park and loved that one as well. This is a nice new welcome addition for a tour. :cat:

matt9112

$250 seems about right to me. Expensive yes, but considering the limited number of days a week this is running, along with other things included, and looking at the price of comparable offers, it seems to be priced appropriately.

Comparable offers? Where? Something this pricey is a vacation in itself. And the number of days is a factor when? Artificial demand? Better light my money on fire fast it's only two days a week!

Thanks shanghai

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Comparable offers? Where? Something this pricey is a vacation in itself. And the number of days is a factor when? Artificial demand? Better light my money on fire fast it's only two days a week!

Thanks shanghai

WDW tours are expensive...this is no exception.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Yes they are very good at ripping people off. But almost anywhere else in the WORLD gives you more value. For what you get Disney is awful value wise.

my only point is this tour is priced in line with their other current offerings.

On a side note...I did the Wild Africa Trek recently, which is also expensive. I thought it was worth spending the money as it was a special occasion for us and we had a great time. It is all relative.

flyerjab

my only point is this tour is priced in line with their other current offerings.

On a side note...I did the Wild Africa Trek recently, which is also expensive. I thought it was worth spending the money as it was a special occasion for us and we had a great time. It is all relative.

Agreed. We did the Wild Africa Trek last October and that was an unforgettable experience. The intimate size of the group, the way you weave within an existing E-Ticket attraction, the time spent on the savanna taking pictures, and the tiffin meal under the pavilion was all exceptional. The rope bridge section was great also. I felt that was worth the price of admission and would do that one again in the future. But you are also correct in that this stuff is all relative.

matt9112

Agreed. We did the Wild Africa Trek last October and that was an unforgettable experience. The intimate size of the group, the way you weave within an existing E-Ticket attraction, the time spent on the savanna taking pictures, and the tiffin meal under the pavilion was all exceptional. The rope bridge section was great also. I felt that was worth the price of admission and would do that one again in the future. But you are also correct in that this stuff is all relative.

You are both correct it's all relative what makes people happy makes people happy. People buy bad cars (feel sorry for a 2015 civic owner)but they may be the best for the owner. Point is for dollar figures there are much better places to spend it in theory. On topic I could argue going on the first few trucks at Kilimanjaro on the off season on a low crowd day a 2 or 3 gets you a lot of picture time. Not vip tour time but none the less.

Mawg

Or you could go to the San Diego Safari Park, spend 130 and get an entire night safari and camp out on the Safari, it would be much more memorable.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It is funny how people worry about how other people are spending their money. And judge them by saying..."well with that kind of money, you could have done this and this and it would be so much better"....

In reality, it is none of your business how people decide to spend their money or what they think is worth spending their money on.

You can have an opinion on the price of something and whether you think it is too expensive, a rip-off, etc. But the moment you start telling other people what they should be doing with their money...like you know better....that is just annoying.

Karenb64

Or you could go to the San Diego Safari Park, spend 130 and get an entire night safari and camp out on the Safari, it would be much more memorable.
This example is exactly what I thought about when I read about this offering. Zoos across the country offer all kinds of "up close and personal" encounters with animals for free or at reasonable costs. We have a local small city zoo that allow kids to climb up a platform during feeding time and feed branches to giraffes for nothing. So why is this special? Yeah I get that the safari environment is really cool, but what is actually unique about this? However...if families are willing to spend this money on all these over prices and (sometimes) over-hyped experiences, maybe it will stop the price gouging going on at Disney these days - last month I paid $17.00 for a hamburger, fries and coke at Liberty Inn!! (I mentioned this in another thread, but I will probably keep mentioning it because I am still in shock!):eek::D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom